Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Family Guy: Star Wars

[FONT=arial]Family Guy to Retell Star Wars: Episode IV [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial] Source: [FONT=arial][FONT=arial]Variety[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]May 25, 2007[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Fox's animated hit "Family Guy" will kick off its fifth season this September with an hourlong episode that retells the "Star Wars" saga using "Family Guy" characters.

Variety says Lucasfilm has blessed the event, which will have the Griffin family acting out all the key scenes and narrative from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is a major "Star Wars" fan and was personally involved in getting Lucasfilm on board.

Not surprisingly, family patriarch Peter Griffin will play the role of Han Solo, while mom Lois will appear as Princess Leia. Evil baby Stewie will be Darth Vader, natch.

Brian the family dog will serve as Chewbacca, while son Chris is Luke. Robots R2-D2 and C-3PO will be handled by Cleveland and Quagmire, respectively, while creepy old guy Herbert gets the Obi- Wan character.

The plot of the episode has the Griffin family stuck at home during a blackout. With no TV to entertain them, Peter decides to tell a story --- leading to the "Star Wars" flashback.
    [/FONT]
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20646
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Awesome. Can't wait for September. Hopefully they'll also release it as a DTV Movie. Like the Stewie movie. Since I couldn't stand waiting a year or more for the DVD release.

Has Seth MacFarlane been watching Robot Chicken.

Wait. Robot Chicken is the brainchild of Chris Griffin!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Looks like I'll have tons of Family Guy SW themed icons to draw in paint now to go with the others I've already made.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

More from Variety:
    'Family Guy' meets 'Star Wars'

Toon kicking off season with approved spoof

By JOSEF ADALIAN

The Force is with "Family Guy."Fox's animated hit will kick off its fifth season this September with an hourlong episode that retells the "Star Wars" saga using "Family Guy" characters.
    Lucasfilm has blessed the event, which will have the Griffin family acting out all the key scenes and narrative from "Star Wars: Episode IV -- A New Hope," the first installment of the franchise. "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is a major "Star Wars" fan and was personally involved in getting Lucasfilm on board, an exec from 20th Century Fox TV said.
    Family patriarch Peter Griffin will play the role of Han Solo, while mom Lois will appear as Princess Leia. Evil baby Stewie will be Darth Vader, natch.
    Brian the family dog will serve as Chewbacca, while son Chris is Luke. Robots R2-D2 and C-3PO will be handled by Cleveland and Quagmire, respectively, while creepy old guy Herbert plays Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Plot of the episode has the Griffin family stuck at home during a blackout. With no TV to entertain them, Peter decides to tell a story -- leading to the "Star Wars" flashback.
    Planning for the seg began more than a year ago. MacFarlane is set to show off footage from the episode at this weekend's "Star Wars" mega-convention in Los Angeles.
    MacFarlane and the "Family Guy" writers have shown a strong interest in "Star Wars," serving up several mini-spoofs of the franchise in years past.
    In addition to the "Star Wars" tribute, "Family Guy" will mark its 100th episode next season with a two-part special set to air in November.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Wow, just wow. This is going to be great
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Should be fun.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Thanks to JT's new avatar I've been able to make a rough icon version of Darth Stewie. JT's pic is a bit too grainy to make out all of the detail so I'll probably have to do some touch up to make it a bit more accurate when the actual episode hits.

I also apologize for the blur effect with the colors. Saving anything from paint in jpg. format always seems to do that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I liked it better the first time I saw it...when it was called Star Wars.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

The panel on this was so awesome, they showed a good amount of footage, I'd guess 8 mins but it was hard to tell because I was so caught up. The gags are HILARIOUS in what they showed, everything was top-notch except for Han/Peter and the couch in the trash masher which was still funny, just not as solid a hit as everything else. I actually took a handful of pics of it, but I was using my older camera which kinda crapped out so they're all good for me, but not presentable to you guys I suspect. The most heartbreaking is Meg as the dianoga, because it's fairly clear but it's 2 frames overlapping.

I'll post more about it when I get the chance, there's a lot in that panel.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.