Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    I'm not a big fan of the cap/punisher hybrid costume and they should have packaged cable and deadpool together, but other than that, I really dig wave 7. Wave 8 looks like a big disappointment - the only new character is Psylocke (at least this latest attempt at Venom looks good).

Also, it would appear that the Spider-Man line is no more in 2008 and has been essentially merged with the regular SHS line. I wonder if that will make it hard to find Kraven when he finally ships...

Those are all pretty cool...except Capisher. I want that Deadpool but I really hate supporting anything having to do with that Capisher monstrosity.
    I think it would have been cooler if they made a Black Punisher (Yes, I hate Capisher that much).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Obviously they didn't put Cable & Deadpool together, in order to sell two packs.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

beast is right about them being in separate packs. they'll make twice as much money on the two figures.

i'm with rocket boy about the punisher in captain america costume. I'll buy it as he's prob my favourite marvel character, but they could have done it so much better.
    Given the sheer number of weapons he's used, they could make loads of variations of him with different guns and even with costumes like his trenchcoat.

I'm also presuming they won't do a line to tie-in with the 2nd punisher movie. Not really kid-friendly viewing content

Why the hell would they do that snigtarded Captain Punisher costume? Why didn't we get all the real heavy hitters first, like Rocket Racoon, Sleepwalker, Stegron, Boom Boom, and Aunt May?

What's the concern about making these kid-friendly? Obviously they're more based on comics that aren't (World War Hulk, Brain-Damaged Punisher Impostor War Journal) than classics that are.
    That's my jacket!

Some new sets showing up on Wal-Mart computers.

SHS 2 Packs, now $6.36:
    MVL SPIDER-MAN / ELECTRO 65356933280
    MVL SPDER-MAN / SENTRY 65356933281
    MVL CAPTAIN AMERICA / RED SKULL 65356933283
    MVL BLADE / PUNISHER 65356933282

SHS THEME PACKS $9.96
    MVL CITY IN CRISIS (Magneto, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Colossus) 65356933020
    MVL THEME PK URBAN HEROES? (Punisher, White Elektra, Spidey, Ghost Rider) 65356930439
    MVL THEME PK X-MEN 1 65356930256
    MVL THEME PK AVENGER 65356931768
    MVL THEME PK X-MEN 2 65356931769
    MVL WINTR SOLDIER SA? 65356933021

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Some new sets showing up on Wal-Mart computers.

SHS 2 Packs, now $6.36:
    MVL SPIDER-MAN / ELECTRO 65356933280
    MVL SPDER-MAN / SENTRY 65356933281
    MVL CAPTAIN AMERICA / RED SKULL 65356933283
    MVL BLADE / PUNISHER 65356933282

SHS THEME PACKS $9.96
    MVL CITY IN CRISIS (Magneto, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Colossus)
    MVL THEME PK URBAN HEROES? (Punisher, White Elektra, Ghost Rider 65356930439
    MVL THEME PK X-MEN 1 65356930256
    MVL THEME PK AVENGER 65356931768
    MVL THEME PK X-MEN 2 65356931769
    MVL WINTR SOLDIER SA? 65356933021
    Red Skull? Sentry!? Winter Soldier!?!

yay, another Cap. But Red Skull is a cool idea
    looking forward to seeing blade. hope there's a good version of the punisher with it

wonder what electro will look like.........

Electro, Sentry, and Red Skull all in one wave = Instant Win

I found the new 4 packs at my local Wal-Mart this morning

Thought the following was interesting to note:

1: The back of the X-Men set shows Colossus holding Wolverine and has a yellow box that says "Get Ready For The Fastball Special!" Indeed, the Colossus figure's left hand is shaped in a way that he can Grip onto Wolverine so the actual figures can be posed for this classic move.

2: Despite seemingly being designed from the same concept, the Wolverine sculpt from this set is actually completely different from the one that was packaged with Phoenix in wave 4. From the initial images, I had thought that only the belt was different, but in reality not one part of the wave 4 sculpt was reused.
    • The head is different and has a different facial expression.
    • The Torso is more defined and the pivot point at the waist is above the belt rather than below it.
    • The new figure's arms are bent completely differently which makes for very different poses from wave 4 Wolverine.
    • The new figure hunches forward a bit more over his bent knee. The right foot comes out much further than the left (whereas the old figure's left foot actually came out quite a bit more than the right)
    3: Ghost Rider's Flames aren't very transluscent at all. At least not in the two packages sitting on the shelf. It actually almost looks like a botched paint job, but both of the ones I saw appeared to be the same way. Small parts of the flame look like they should be see-through, but not all the way from front to back because all-in-all the flame has a solid non-transluscent orange color. Weird...

4: Speaking of Ghost Rider, they put a lot more effort into painting the silver studs, buckles, and other costume details on his repaint here. Elektra's face is also significantly improved.

5: Each set comes with a different poster (same figures on the back, already posted). One has Iron Man and Fin Fang Foom while the other has the new Sentinel with Cyclops and Wolverine. They're actually pretty big considering the size of the packaging (approx 10" tall and 16" wide).

That's about it. Keep an eye out for 'em.