Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Exclamation Help me! I'm a SPOILER FREAK!

I need your help guys. I have been a spoiler freak all through Episode II, but have decided to remain spoiler free for SW3 but I just can't do it! There aren't even any real spoilers out there for Episode III yet and already I'm finding it difficult!
    Anybody got any tips to help me get through it when the Episode III spoilers start coming in?

Thanx,
    PENDO!

You could try stop reading Star Wars magazines, disconnect your computer, and then move into the wilderness into a small cabin with no electricity for 3 years until the movie opens. Spoilers are so rampent everywhere, its hard to avoid, if your curious.

I don't mind spoilers myself, I think it's pretty fun to track down the information and figure out the movie before it comes out. I know some absolutly hate to know whats going to happen, but browsing even the official site, much less fan websites allows you to come in contact with it way to easily.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yes.

DON'T read "Mace's Death" thread in the Episode III (Spoiler) section. Tycho and the others ("...and me! I helped, too!" Rollo added modestly) have pretty much summed up the entire movie.

Seriously, I think the main areas to avoid are the toy sections. I see a lot of people let SPOILERS slip in non Episode II sections, accidentally.

By all means, avoid the Episode III (Spoiler) section.

Be wary in the miscelaneous section.

NEVER, EVER go to StarWars.com

DO NOT download trailers. Or go to movies you know the trailer will be on. if you do go, make sure you show up AFTER the trailers have run. You can go the whole two and a half years without so much as a smidge of Spoiler info, and get completely wrecked by watching 3 to 4 minutes of trailers.

Other than that, all it takes is fortitude.

i wish you luck.

Not visiting sites with spoilers sections helps. But seeing as the entire net goes star wars manic and posts every tiny little detail regarding anything at all even remotely related to the movies, I don't see how anyone can be spoiler free these days. If it has star or wars in the story then it'll be related to star wars news and rumour somehow. Why there's some sites that positively feed on that stuff. So unless you become a hermit in the Tibetan mountains and wear a bucket on your head for the next three years I think you may be out of luck remaining spoiler free. It's a vortex this spoiler thing. No matter how hard you try to resist, you always get sucked in somehow.
    Last edited by Jargo; 02-07-2002 at 05:49 AM.

I've also noticed that if something gets posted as a SPOILER often enough, it ceases to be a spoiler. People just begin to take it for granted that it's been posted so often EVERYBODY knows about it, so they'll non-chalantly drop it into discussion in a supposedly spoiler-free discussion. And once it's dropped, then forget it. You know about it. You weren't expecting to read about it, but some spoiler freak made that decision for you. If you are truly going to remain spoiler free, then you might have to go without SirStevesGuide for three years. It's unfair, I know, but the powers that be have decided the rights of the spoiler types outweigh those of the hardier types who decided to stick it out.

I am thinking about going spoiler free myself for Episode III.

With a slight modifier.

I am going to avoid SPOILERS but keep an eye out for the inevitable bumbler who decides to drop spoiler information into a non spoiler section. Like the miscalaneous section or the toy sections. then I'll be all "Thanks jerk. Thanks for spoiling the movie for me with that little unasked for tidbit. "

Anyway, I'm thinking about it. It's a ways off before we start getting hit with the real juicy III stuff. I've got some time.

I was just about to post pretty much the same thread when I saw this one, I've ruinned Episode II for myself by looking at the spoilers so we'll have to stick together for Episode III Pendo!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Okay, So Pendo, JP2K2 (JP2K5 by the time III rolls around), and myself are all going Spoiler Free for EIII. Looks like we've got a little support group going. Good.

I wish I could help...

But I am about the worst person to have helping you on your quest to be spoiler free. I have been a spoiler freak since I saw 2 McQuarrie paintings for ESB in Starlog magazine back in 1979. I just realised that no amount of information could prepare me for what I would see on the screen once the film opened. I was, after all, the kid who knew the "secret" of Vader before my friends did. I uttered the words along with him and got hit by my friends for not "sharing" my knowledge beforehand! Hahahaha
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: I wish I could help...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    But I am about the worst person to have helping you on your quest to be spoiler free. I have been a spoiler freak since I saw 2 McQuarrie paintings for ESB in Starlog magazine back in 1979. I just realised that no amount of information could prepare me for what I would see on the screen once the film opened. I was, after all, the kid who knew the "secret" of Vader before my friends did. I uttered the words along with him and got hit by my friends for not "sharing" my knowledge beforehand! Hahahaha
    LOL, wow back then people actually hit you for not revealing spoilers?? How times have changed, now the majority hit you if you accidently reveal a spoiler. Yeah, I can't help with your no E3 spoilers wants either guys, I enjoy tracking them down and figuring the plot out to much to remain spoiler free. I will be going spoiler free to "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King" though, since I put off reading the books so as to not ruin the movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Cool, I didn't realise you wanted to keep spoiler free aswell Rollo, come on we've all got to be strong!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008