Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The "where has JT been?" thread

First off, check out my kickin' new 'tar (also attached below), I threw it together from a photo I took of the video clip during the Star Wars Family Guy panel at Celebration 4 (Meg is the dianoga!). Sure it's grainy, but believe me, if you saw the hell my little camera went through to get a few shots from the preview footage, you'd be amazed that it came out at all. Stewie as Vader is going to be 10 kinds of awesome.

Secondly, that first paragraph should clue you into where I've been the past week, I started last week working extra to make money for the convention and then spent more time at the LA Convention Center or on the bus to/from the LACC than I did in my house, the only times I've been online in that period were whenever I was writing copy from Steve's cell-connected laptop at the convention.

Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening! Even before Steve's live-update photos were coming in I was constantly updating that darn story every minute and nobody seems to have noticed. Bah! This is why I didn't bother doing the same thing the next day with my Sideshow notes (even though it could have been the exact same setup had I felt it was worth it), and now am taking my time as I try to decompress from 5 days of craziness. I don't know how Steve puts up with you people!!!

Anyway, I'm about to upload a bunch of photos I took over the 5 days into the event coverage, hope you enjoy them at least. Then it's on to Kotobukiya (where a bomb threat caused everybody to miss the beginning and then I had a technology disaster that lost the rest of my notes so I have to go on memory) and at some point I'll get to the conversation that Steve and I had with some of the good chaps at Hasbro, hopefully a recap of what I saw, review the Hasbro exclusives, and then FINALLY get back to normal life.

So, hopefully you haven't missed ol' JT too much, but stop by and say "hi" anyway, maybe you folks could catch me up to date on what I've missed in the past week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening!
    Because I didn't give two sh*ts about C4.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I saw it and appreciated it. Just didn't comment on it.

Nice to have you back JT. And nice to have myself back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Because I didn't give two sh*ts about C4.
    But you don't care about new Hasbro info either? C'mon, we got news and photos of the friggin' Grievous Starfighter and AT-Toilet Paper, that's pretty rad!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I saw it and appreciated it. Just didn't comment on it.
    Well, at least someone out there noticed.

Nice to have you back JT. And nice to have myself back as well.
    Ditto!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Welcome back, JT. I think this is the first time I've ever seen you without the Farnsworth avatar.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

First off, check out my kickin' new 'tar (also attached below), I threw it together from a photo I took of the video clip during the Star Wars Family Guy panel at Celebration 4 (Meg is the dianoga!). Sure it's grainy, but believe me, if you saw the hell my little camera went through to get a few shots from the preview footage, you'd be amazed that it came out at all. Stewie as Vader is going to be 10 kinds of awesome.

Secondly, that first paragraph should clue you into where I've been the past week, I started last week working extra to make money for the convention and then spent more time at the LA Convention Center or on the bus to/from the LACC than I did in my house, the only times I've been online in that period were whenever I was writing copy from Steve's cell-connected laptop at the convention.

Which reminds me... what the hell is wrong with some of you people? I updated live from that Hasbro panel right in the front row and barely anybody checked it out while it was happening! Even before Steve's live-update photos were coming in I was constantly updating that darn story every minute and nobody seems to have noticed. Bah! This is why I didn't bother doing the same thing the next day with my Sideshow notes (even though it could have been the exact same setup had I felt it was worth it), and now am taking my time as I try to decompress from 5 days of craziness. I don't know how Steve puts up with you people!!!
    what are you talkin about JT? i checked out the Hasbro panel in the flesh, from the 4th or 5th row. i'm somewhere in that pic that was taken of the R2 KT model and the 501st members.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    what are you talkin about JT? i checked out the Hasbro panel in the flesh, from the 4th or 5th row. i'm somewhere in that pic that was taken of the R2 KT model and the 501st members.
    Well, it doesn't count if you were there, unless of course you were there with web-access via a laptop or cellphone and constantly refreshing the page to see what I was saying on the site about the panel - but that'd be silly reading the site to see something you were experiencing live.

I can't believe you were just 3 or 4 rows behind me Figgy! I was the guy in the front row next to Steve, the one with a laptop balanced precariously on his right knee.

I was busy reading your awesome reviews of the VTAC Bossk and IG-88, so I didn't even really notice you were gone....

So, "hi" and "welcome back" and all that stuff, now get back to work!

BTW, love the new 'tar and looking forward to hearing more about your week.

Well, it doesn't count if you were there, unless of course you were there with web-access via a laptop or cellphone and constantly refreshing the page to see what I was saying on the site about the panel - but that'd be silly reading the site to see something you were experiencing live.

I can't believe you were just 3 or 4 rows behind me Figgy! I was the guy in the front row next to Steve, the one with a laptop balanced precariously on his right knee.
    i was in the far right aisle section of the room btw.

unfortunately, i didn't have the time to get my SSG badge laminated and so my paper printout had kind of fallen off the lanyard by that point in the day (too much pushing and shoving going on in the Hasbro and GG lines)

Nice to see I'm missed BB. Glad my reviews were good enough to distract at least. I can't wait to tell you guys about what I saw and did (this was my first SW Celebration)!

Ah, that explains how you got up to the front along with the 501st and R2-KT with relative ease, since the aisle was off to the right instead of down the middle. Don't sweat the badge, it would have been hidden under your admittance badge anyway, even Steve's was and he wore it the whole time, but you gotta display their badge. We'll work out a better system soon.