Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why all the hate for Ceremonial Luke?

I've been reading various posts claiming that the new Ceremonial Luke figure is just about the worst Star Wars figure ever made.

Personally, I like the figure and think it is better than the VTSC Luke X-Wing, who seems too squat with a pin head.

I'll admit that this new Luke isn't the greatest Mark Hamill likeness, but I think it definitely "feels" like Luke Skywalker. Although, I'm not a huge stickler for perfect actor likenesses. To me it's kind of pointless to complain about it in this scale.

Anyways, regardless of everyone's complaints, this is one of my favorite Luke Skywalker figures. I'm just wondering if I'm on the only one who likes it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

the sculpt seems unfinished. like it was grabbed off the sculptor prior to being polished up. the head is vile. not only is it not Luke but with the joint cutting off his throat and lower jaw it's butt ugly. the over all design is ok. nice to hve a celebration Luke that isn't leaning over for the boys. but unless there's another head gonna fit that figure I have no love for it.

I've seen him twice, and passed on him both times. The colors are slightly off, the head sculpt is laughable, and the ball joints for human necks never look good.

Hasbro's paint has been hit and miss over the past two years, rivalling McFarlane Toys at their all-time worst in the late '90s. The problem seems to be especially bad with Luke figures, for some strange reason. Both the ones I've seen had misplaced eyes (and eyes that didn't match each other), hands that look like they were painted by a blind kindergartener, and an inexplicable black spot on the medal (inconsistent between the ones I've seen) that makes it look like he has a foil-wrapped chocolate coin on a necklace.

Also, this Luke suffers the most from poorly considered ball joints. This type of joint can look nice, if done well. But this figure didn't need them, first of all, and it looks like they were added as an afterthought.

Sorry, in my book, he's majorly inferior to the POTF2 version by a long shot. He's even worse than the Leia Collection version. Raise the price two dollars, I expect better figures than what I got a decade ago, not worse.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the worst of all time. But if you consider the figures in light of what Hasbro is capable of at any given time, he'd lose that race easily. (Monkey Face Leia may suck, but every other 1995 figure sucked, too, just not as much. Luke's going up against Galactic Marines and Airborne Troopers and other figures of that quality.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I actually like the fig very much. I'm with you BigBarada, he's a real nice fig, one of my favorite Lukes as well. Once everyone sees the new Tatooine Luke everyone will love the Ceremonial Luke.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

The figure's skin is way too pale. I did a little head swap with the VOTC X-Wing Luke and the TAC Ceremonial Luke and he looks a lot better. To bad about the rest.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I re-coloured the hair and it looks a lot better.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Overall, I think this is a good figure. Its the likeness that keeps this from becoming a great figure. As was pointed out, the hair color is off and the skin color is too pale. Mine also seems to have real beedy eyes as if they were completely dialated. A decent paint job on the head probably would have helped immensely.

Having the correct pistol and lightsaber hilt would have been nice too, but that is not a big deal to me.

In spite of these problems, I still really like this figure. At least it looks way better than the upcoming Tatooine Luke.

Funny, for all the complaining I do about balljointed necks (happy to see others in this thread agree on that point), I don't see any problem with the rest of the jointing on this figure. It all looks fine to me. So I like the figure apart from the head and everything about same.

Well, for one thing, his skin is paler than an albino's. It also looks like someone took a dump on his head. The body isn't bad, though.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    the sculpt seems unfinished. like it was grabbed off the sculptor prior to being polished up. the head is vile. not only is it not Luke but with the joint cutting off his throat and lower jaw it's butt ugly. the over all design is ok. nice to hve a celebration Luke that isn't leaning over for the boys. but unless there's another head gonna fit that figure I have no love for it.
    I bought this figure because it has an awesome sculpt, the head was the only problem & I solved this by swapping it out with the comic pack Luke/Stormtrooper Outfit. It's ten times better than the one Hasbro stuck on him.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!