Thread: New 7"

New 7"

Hey Unleashed fans, the 7inch line STILL LIVES! Star Wars Shop is selling an exclusive ARC Heavy Gunner. The same base as the red and white AOTC clones with a new weapon and head with a skirt.
    http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/pro...;pcid1=;pcid2=
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

Problem is, we already have that figure twice (three times if you got the AOTC variant version). I'll pass on this for the same reason I passed on the Shadow Stormtrooper: too many similar-looking Unleashed figures in the same pose look ridiculous displayed together.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Problem is, we already have that figure twice (three times if you got the AOTC variant version). I'll pass on this for the same reason I passed on the Shadow Stormtrooper: too many similar-looking Unleashed figures in the same pose look ridiculous displayed together.
    But this one has a skirt!

Seriously though you are right. All I am saying is, at least the line not completely dead. Damn close though.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

I agree with you on the pose issue. Kudos to Hasbro for seeing a demand and getting something out there, but next to the others, this will look stupid.
    I was tempted at C4 to pick up a shocktrooper, but even with the lava base I thought it was too similar to my red clone.
    I did pick up a han trooper as I never saw him in stores, but will never get a regular stormie(also never saw in stores) unless I want Han shooting at himself in a mirror.
    The uniqueness of this line goes out the window when there are repeat poses.

The gunner character could have looked cool do in an original way.
    Maybe the Clone Wars series will spark some interest in animated 7" unleashed!

Here's what Hasbro said about it:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=866

- Unleashed 7" ARC Trooper tooling refresh, Online & Diamond Exclusive, September, Unleashed was requested.

- Unleashed 7" not dead, looking for future opportunities.

I got the feeling that it was essentially brought back from the dead via request and really is just waiting for someone to say "we're willing to spend double on them!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Unleashed brand isn't totally dead to new sculpts, albeit not Star Wars.
    Saw at Target today Unleashed Transformers in tube packaging. 19.99. They had Bumblebee and showed Prime on the package. Didn't see the Target exclusive sticker on it. Maybe if there is enough interest, they will do a cross brand line like Titaniums (ie. Battlestar Galactica, etc.)

I did pick up a han trooper as I never saw him in stores, but will never get a regular stormie(also never saw in stores) unless I want Han shooting at himself in a mirror.
    The uniqueness of this line goes out the window when there are repeat poses.
    Yeah, the Stormtrooper fiasco really cheesed me off. I never found on in stores, and I was hunting pretty regularly when it came out.

Then, pow..I find Han Stormie in Wal-Marts for like a month straight. Then just before I deployed I walk into Wal-Mart and find a TON of Blackhole Stormtroopers!

No wonder the first one was so hard to find!

IMO, Hasbro really dropped the ball on this line. Sure it got off to a slow start, Darth Maul peg warmed and hit rock bottom in the clearance bins. Then the line took off and he was going for like $100.00 on eBay.

Then they started to go in the right direction. They started re-issuing older Unleashed figures on new cards....a real boon for those of us collecting these out of the package! Sure there were a few peg warmers, one of my local Wal-Marts had Mace Windu's for so long they started to grow a beards!!! But aside from that they were doing well. Then then, right around the time the Stormtrooper was released, everything went haywire!!!

Suddenly out of the blue the "Unleashed" line shrunk.

Hey, Hasbro, here's a tip for you one seven inch figure does not equal seven one inch figures!!!

Dumb arses! I hope whoever came up with the "new" Unleashed line dies...a slow, painful, horrible death! Then I hope your soul burns in eternal flames somewhere in the ninth circle of he!!. I hope everyone you know and love dies in a similar fashion just before you die. That way you can experience the pain and loss and sorrow before you die. Don't get me wrong, I don't want your loved ones to burn with you...because I want you to burn all alone without seeing anyone you love ever again!

Why in the name of all that is Holy would you take a line of seven inch figures with very good detail, that sells well and replace it with miniature figures that look like carp?!?!

Hasbro....

You know what, I F'n hate you! (RvB Rooster Teeth)
    May the force be with you.

I asked for Transformers Unleashed years ago.

I didn't ask for Unleashed Bionicles from this upcoming theatrical abortion.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post
    The Unleashed brand isn't totally dead to new sculpts, albeit not Star Wars.
    Saw at Target today Unleashed Transformers in tube packaging. 19.99. They had Bumblebee and showed Prime on the package. Didn't see the Target exclusive sticker on it. Maybe if there is enough interest, they will do a cross brand line like Titaniums (ie. Battlestar Galactica, etc.)
    The risks are lower because they don't have to pay licensing on those figures, that apparently makes a huge dent in their costs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.