Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratatouille

Ratatouille

Just doing my part to help spread the word - our wrap party was this past Saturday, the movie is absolutely amazing (and not just because it pays the bills), if you are a fan of Pixar or animation in general, heck - if you're just a fan of having a good time at the movies, please go see Ratatouille on the 29th! You will not be disappointed.

P.s. Be sure and look for me in the credits: Rudy Jason Vucelich.

I plan to see this, good sir, and will watch for your name. With a baby at home, though, I may not be able to see it in the theater. (I'm still trying to manage to see Spidey and Pirates.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I saw the previews for this and look foward to seeing it. I have liked all Pixar stuff so far, and will give it a chance.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll be there regardless. Is it better than "Cars", Rooj?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Hey, RJ, I don't suppose you have any top secret info on Toy Story 3 or Incredibles 2 that you'd care to get fired by divulging here, do you?

Now that Pixar can do these again, I'm looking forward to one and hoping for the other.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I'll be there regardless. Is it better than "Cars", Rooj?
    I will say that it's prettier than Cars; equally as excellent, but definitely prettier!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hey, RJ, I don't suppose you have any top secret info on Toy Story 3 or Incredibles 2 that you'd care to get fired by divulging here, do you?

Now that Pixar can do these again, I'm looking forward to one and hoping for the other.
    Nope, 'fraid not.

when will Ratatouille hit the DVD stands? I never go to cinemas anymore. my local cinemas are vile places. too costly and since they introduced a policy of confiscating anything edible you take in (because their own edibles are too costly) I can't be bothered.

So instead I just enjoy the movies on DVD at my leisure on a big screen at home. in peace. with a rewind facility in case I miss a neat bit.

Oh and I'd like to see the bug circus from Bugs life turn up somewhere again. just a cameo like in the outtakes of TS2.

Cars 2, I can't see where else they could take that bunch of characters. the only character that springs to mind is Sally. With maybe a return to the big city taking Lightning along for the drive. And I guess Mater would have to follow them. but then what sort of conflict could you get in the city to further the thing that isn't just a rehash of the radiator springs revival scenario. you'd have to have a race in there. but that gets dull if overused. I suppose a gumball rally sort of scenario could work, taking cars across country. giving lots of fresh horizons and settings. casting Burt Reynolds as an old pro gumball rally car would be cool. fulfilling the Doc Hudson old timer giving wisdom out role. but again that would just be treading old ground.

Toy story 3. where would you go with that? I can see some sort of scenario where the toys are consigned to the loft and Andy has grown up. Moves out and new people move into the house. which gives the toys that fight for survival thing again. Will the new people throw them out? will the toys find a new kid to belong to? what new toys would be added to the grouping? a transformer would be cool. useful. G.I.JOE? bunch of superhero figures with no powers but delusional like Buzz was.

Incredibles 2 is a must surely? More Edna 'E' Mode would rock my world.

I think actually two movies on a theme is enough. once you get to a third it all kinds loses steam and retreads old ground somewhere. a sequel to Monsters inc. would work for me. I'd have thought Monstropolis would have rich pickings for any amount of story options. Millions of monsters living everyday lives. the first movie centered around the factory and Waternoose's plot. but there's gotta be a bajillion stories could come from that city that somehow contrive to involve Sully and Mike. Maybe Ranadall escapes and seeks revenge? maybe the kids stop laughing at monsters? Maybe there's a breach and humans start coming into Monstropolis. maybe it takes an older Boo to sort out whatever problem/conflict arises.

oh yeah Ratatouille. hehe, sorry got carried away. I love Pixar movies.

They're having a sneak preview of Ratatouille on Saturday (6/16) night. Check your theaters. I purchased a ticket for it already. Pixar can do no wrong. You must have the best job in the world, Rooj.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    Toy story 3. where would you go with that? I can see some sort of scenario where the toys are consigned to the loft and Andy has grown up.
    Actually, if the rumors are true, that's exactly what it is.
    Tommy, close your eyes.