Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Walrusman/Ponda Baba Please

Dear Pawtucket Padawans,
    I was looking at my collection last night contemplating taking a photo of all the "definitive" modern versions of the figures that were a part of the Vintage Kenner line -- with some custom work (like cleaning up Luke Stormtrooper's armor) you would be able to come pretty darn close and to having a stand-out figure to show for nearly every vintage slot. A prominent gap that I noticed though was Walrusman a.k.a. Ponda Baba. We have not really gotten an up-to-date version of him yet.

Since you have spoiled us and we now have such a apex-level versions of Greedo (VTSC or even Commtech), Hammerhead/Momaw Nadon (TSC 2006, obviously) and a very solid Snaggletooth/Zutton (both the POTJ "short" one and the OTC Cantina Blue one) it would be beyond great if we could get a new Ponda to stand along side all of the other amazing "vintage" cantina patrons you have made. I'm sure this thread has been discussed before, but I was feeling the pain last night. 2008 Walrusman (maybe even on the Vintage card ) please, dearest Hasbro.

Thanks.

Honestly, a decent Dr. Evazan is probably a bigger need at the moment.

The last Ponda Baba figure was pretty good, if I recall correctly.

But the "Good Doctor" has never gotten a really decent plastic incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Honestly, a decent Dr. Evazan is probably a bigger need at the moment.

The last Ponda Baba figure was pretty good, if I recall correctly.

But the "Good Doctor" has never gotten a really decent plastic incarnation.
    He definitely needs a revamp too, and to be single carded.

I was looking at Jedi Temple's archives and all the modern Ponda Baba's look like a variation on the 1995 mold. I think he needs to be slimmed down and his head needs a complete resculpt.

I think they added the removable arm and re-released him twice.

Ponda Baba is one I would actually happily spring for a Vintage figure of. We need him updated a lot more than Bossk.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I think they added the removable arm and re-released him twice.

Ponda Baba is one I would actually happily spring for a Vintage figure of. We need him updated a lot more than Bossk.
    That'll put him what, 3 or 4 versions ahead of CommTech Cantina Han and just behind Vader rehashes?

Release the Doc first. He's been screwed up, twice.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    That'll put him what, 3 or 4 versions ahead of CommTech Cantina Han and just behind Vader rehashes?

Release the Doc first. He's been screwed up, twice.
    Let's split the difference -- 2 pack!

I would love to see Ponda in the next assortment of Vintage figures, but we'd have to call him Walrusman.

Anyways, he does need an update and Dr. Evazan desperately needs a decent figure made of him.

I would like to see Walrusman with interchangeable "wolfman" and "paddle" hands.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

We definitely need a new Evazan, we've essentially never gotten one, just some twisted freak that looks nothing like him but has his outfit and a crazy pose.

We probably need Ponda Baba as well, the last figure is ok for its time, but suffers in the mix of the post-'01 figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

don't forget hasbro should make a ALL NEW SCULPT Dr. Evazan

ball jointed neck
    ball jointed shoulders/elbows
    ball jointed knees
    gun

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...vazanfront.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I would love to see Ponda in the next assortment of Vintage figures, but we'd have to call him Walrusman.
    I have absolutely no problem calling him Walrusman. Vintage or regular line, doesn't matter.

I've been on the Dr. Evazan resculpt bandwagon for a while. He was on my list right behind R5-D4 and the Death Star Trooper.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".