Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Interesting occurence at Wal-Mart today.

I was eavesdropping in the toy aisle today while trying to figure out how it's possible that they can have nothing but empty pegs after two full weeks, and I overheard a kid with his grandmother. She wanted to buy him a new Star Wars toy and he obviously already had a lot of stuff because the only piece he was looking at was the Quinlan Vos/Villie Comic 2-Pack.

After looking at it for a bit and trying to figure it out, he decided that he didn't want it and put it back on the shelf. He told his grandmother that they weren't "real" characters and were from something else, not Star Wars.

So, now I'm kind of wondering what will kids be thinking when the EU wave comes out and they can't find any of those characters on their Star Wars DVDs? (with the exception of the Clone Wars cartoon stuff)

With Hasbro going with more EU based characters, will this scene replay itself all over the country, resulting in pegs clogged with EU figures that won't sell?

That is a good question. Of course, Vos was in EP1 in Mos Espa but for .5 seconds.(they named him after the fact) With all the EU stuff coming out, they might be able to pull off because the video game supports some characters as well as the name Grievous.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

i believe the character in Mos Espa provided the inspiration and look for Quinlan but is actually someone else.

Wave 5 of TAC which has the most EU offerings is probably going to sell very well as most of the figures are only 1 per case. even if kids don't get them, collectors will.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I was eavesdropping in the toy aisle today while trying to figure out how it's possible that they can have nothing but empty pegs after two full weeks, and I overheard a kid with his grandmother. She wanted to buy him a new Star Wars toy and he obviously already had a lot of stuff because the only piece he was looking at was the Quinlan Vos/Villie Comic 2-Pack.

After looking at it for a bit and trying to figure it out, he decided that he didn't want it and put it back on the shelf. He told his grandmother that they weren't "real" characters and were from something else, not Star Wars.
    That is great news.
    This kid is awesome.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Is this any surprise?

The POTF2 Expanded Universe figures didn't sell that well either. I bought half of them at a discounted price from a gas station back in 2000. It's one of the reasons Hasbro has been reluctant in the past to make EU figures.
    May the force be with you.

That's quite a coincidence. I overheard a kid saying how much he needed all those super important characters he'd seen during hours of pausing and squinting to see if they were characters or something on the film (they were characters). He especially talked about how much he wanted that integral fat chick with all the boobies.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

well, at least i know i'll have a better chance at getting the figures. but then soon realize, how annoying it is to see them all over the place while awaiting the next wave.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

EU = hardcore only. Kids want movie characters.....
    Real men buy Willrow

I also encountered an interesting occurence today at my WM....

They stocked something.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I bet the kid would have no issue with the Obi-Wan/Alpha pack. Just a guess.

Hasbro could possibly hype the inclusion of the comic book more. I know it's plainly visible, but a bright sticker that points out the obvious might bring home the fact that there's a comic included. (Of course, they could commission new stand-alone stories that involve the characters, which would be more accessible to kids.)

BTW, figgy, that background character is supposed to be Quinlan. At some point, he comments (I think to Obi-Wan) that he saw Qui-Gon on Tatooine, but was deep undercover. (This means that Ki-Adi-Mundi, Quinlan, and Qui-Gon all had adventures on Tatooine within a few months. So much for it being a backwater!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.