Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Thundercats" movie finally happening!

From SHH!

Thundercats Headed for the Big Screen
    Source: Variety June 6, 2007

Warner Bros. has optioned a Thundercats script by new screenwriter Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a live action feature.

Variety says Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Productions, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

Thundercats revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

Sopocy has written the script as an origin story expanding on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

Warner Bros. recently teamed with Joel Silver to produce a live-action He-Man movie, based on the toy and cartoon franchise, as well as a feature based on the DC comic book Teen Titans.
    So, for those of you who didn't think that "Thundercats" is a bankable franchise and this movie will probably bomb hard, raise your hand? *raises hand*

This just spells disaster. Thoughts?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

This would be next to impossible to do live action. The makeup alone will be more expensive than the entire operating budget of the POTC movies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm burned out on all these superhero / comic book / cartoon / Disney ride movies.

Enough already.

I concur with Caesar.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Abe Vigoda for Mumm-Ra
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Y'know, now that I think about it, it won't happen.

Once Transformers bombs, studios will kill plans for any other movies based on 80s toylines.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope you're right Caps...but one would think the same could be said for Hulk movies and they're doing another one of those already.

OMG, a Thundercats movie would be SOOOOOOOOO cool!!!! Samuel L. Jackson should be Panthro!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Y'know, now that I think about it, it won't happen.

Once Transformers bombs, studios will kill plans for any other movies based on 80s toylines.
    You think that cool looking Transformers movie is going to bomb? Why would you think that? It looks sooooo cool! Specially how they all look so alien!

I would hate to see it do bad and then not get a Thundercats movie, or a He-man movie, or an Sectaurs movie!

He-Man has already been confirmed, G.I. Joe has a script written, and that robot movie coming out is in no way a Transformers film. all i see, is a bunch of scrap metal giants that have no representation of their former cartoon selfs. if you were to silhouette them, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I hope you're right Caps...but one would think the same could be said for Hulk movies and they're doing another one of those already.
    Uhhh...ummmm...yeah. That was just me posing as Chux for that post. MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Can a Micronauts movie be far behind?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.