Thread: Why?

Hybrid View

Question Why?

Why didn't Jabba kill Bubo after Bubo tried to assasinate him ? I mean c'mon , if someone tried to kill me , and I caught them , I'd kill them for sure . Jabba should have put Bubo in the Rancor pit . That would have been funny watching the Rancor try to pick up Bubo since he's so tiny.
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

Jabba had a weird sense of humor and obviously didn't feel threatened by Bubo
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Bubo aint that small Huck. He's at least the height of R2 and as wide as a gamorrean plus he has a mean bite. Jabba probably admired his courage and liked the fact that next to Bubo, Jabba looked attractive!

Arrow

Why didn't he kill Tessek? Or Bib? Or Ree-Yees? Jabba, unlike Vader, keeps quality, able people around him, even if they're less-than-trustworthy, without killing them to make a point. He only tries to kill outsiders (i.e. Luke) or less-valuable dancers for sport.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Wait don't forget about me!! Who did Tessek come to whenever he needed something done? Me!! Who planted the bomb in the Sail Barge? Me!!!

Oh wait, this is EU we're talking about. Disregard, I'm innocent. You can't prove a thing.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The simplest explanation is that it wasn't revealed--or should I say decided?--that everyone was trying to kill Jabba until almost fifteen years later.

Methinks, though, a more thorough explanation might be along the lines of the proverb "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Ree Yees, Bubo, Tessek, Bib Fortuna, J'Quille, Dannik Jerriko, and the monks (not to mention some I've forgotten) were out to get him, and they constitute a sizable chunk of his entourage. Obviously, he can't kill everyone, because word would get out--without necessarily including the info that there was a plot on Jabba's life involved--and he'd never be able to get quality help again. So he keeps them where he can watch them closely. And, like Bel-Cam said, he kills off less important folks occasionally to scare them.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

and Lando. Don't forget Lando.

If Jabba couldn't peg Lando as a plant, how on Earth (Tatooine) could he know the intentions of a few muppets ?

Because he was a Muppet himself?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

LOL. This is a funny thread. Everyone and there mama wanted that giant slimy freak dead. I guess no one wanted to clean up the mess.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I hope you will all forgive me, but I feel completely out of the loop. Who is Bubo? I don't recall any assasination attempts on Jabba, at least not in the movie, I mean other than Luke, but that was more of a self defense move.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!