Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where's my 7th coin?

I recently attended Star Wars Weekends 2007 in Walt Disney World (which Disney screwed up, again) and purchase the entire VTSC collection, boxed, with the 6 coin set, thus eliminating the need to hunt and mail-in. However, some recent research shows me that by mailing in the slips packed in with the VTSC figures, I will get a 7 coin set: the 6 original coins and then a 7th coin from the International toy fair. My question is, how do I get a 7th coin? I am curious why the set I purchased only 6 coins? Should I blame this on Hasbro or Disney? Any ideas?

By the way, I know alot of fellow collectors were not able to attend either SWW or C4. I feel for you, and I hope one day you get to experience one or the other.

Hello,

The 7th coin is the one from CIV so if you attended that you probably already have the coin and it came in a nice box too which you do not get through the vintage figure offer. But if you did not attend CIV that coin is probably on ebay now. Or you can crack open your figures and do the redemtion which stinks if you are a mint on card collector.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

My friend got the Vintage wave and the coins for $12.99 due to a Disney cashier's brilliance.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    My friend got the Vintage wave and the coins for $12.99 due to a Disney cashier's brilliance.
    The WHOLE wave of them for 12.99?? If so, I love those cashier mistakes.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble View Post
    Hello,

The 7th coin is the one from CIV so if you attended that you probably already have the coin and it came in a nice box too which you do not get through the vintage figure offer. But if you did not attend CIV that coin is probably on ebay now. Or you can crack open your figures and do the redemtion which stinks if you are a mint on card collector.
    The CIV coin didn't come in a box and isn't included in the Vintage mail-away set, but the Toy Fair one did and is.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The CIV coin didn't come in a box and isn't included in the Vintage mail-away set, but the Toy Fair one did and is.
    You are correct that the CIV coin won't be in the Vintage coin set mail-away package, and you're right that it will be the Toy Fair coin included as the 7th coin in the Vintage coin set, but you are wrong that the Toy Fair coin in the Vintage set will have its special presentation box, that aspect is exclusive to the one given out at Toy Fair.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    The WHOLE wave of them for 12.99?? If so, I love those cashier mistakes.
    The WHOLE wave, brother!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Nice. I love those cashier mistakes too. Yes, I will still hunt down and find all 6 VTSC and open them and send in the slips, and then get them again when Walmart and Target finally put them on clearance in 6 months. And anyway, I cant find the snowtrooper anywhere, much less the saga legends, any galactic hunt (which are the only figures shorting my Saga collection from being complete) and galactic heroes. Oh, walmart, how we love your peg warmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazter_Jedi View Post
    Nice. I love those cashier mistakes too. Yes, I will still hunt down and find all 6 VTSC and open them and send in the slips, and then get them again when Walmart and Target finally put them on clearance in 6 months. And anyway, I cant find the snowtrooper anywhere, much less the saga legends, any galactic hunt (which are the only figures shorting my Saga collection from being complete) and galactic heroes. Oh, walmart, how we love your peg warmers.
    it won't take Target 6 months to clearance them out...more likely in late July or August.

You don't need all 6 VTSC2 for this promotion, any 6 VTSC will do, if you buy 6 Bossks you can use their tags to send away for the coins. The tags are generic anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.