Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TAC Y-Wing Fighter

Looks like the TAC Y-Wing Fighter will be the only vehicle I buy this year. I'm really excited by the pictures we saw from CIV. Hasbro's really outdoing themselves by including the R5 unit and the pilot, both of which are distinctive enough to seem right at home with ANH-themed toys and not crossing over into EU.

I'm wondering if Hasbro's fixed the weak landing gear issue on this ship, and if it will have electronics. I'm also wondering how much this bad boy is going to set us back... I'm thinking $49.99. (There may have been a MSRP stated at CIV, but I don't remember.) Considering the pack-in figures, and the possibility of electronics, plus the scarcity of previous releases of this iconic ship, I think $50 is not too unreasonable an asking price.

BTW, this is supposed to be a TRU exclusive, right?

I, too, am very excited about this release as well. If you think the pictures are nice, you should have seen this bad boy like I did at Celebration IV. It truly did look awesome.

Here's some more good news --- if I recall correctly --- this is listed as going for only $29.99. And yes, it is a Toys R Us exclusive. Sadly, this means no electronics, but so few ships have them now days it's to be expected. Personally, though, I'd gladly shell out some more do so the ship could make some noise. . . But I guess I am in the minority these days. . .

I'm definitely not missing out on this one. I just hope I can find one!!!

Edit: Never mind... It's up for pre-order on ToysRUs.com and only 29.99!!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

$30 for a ship and 2 figures is a great deal. I'll definitely be getting one.

What 2 figures come with it?

For those of you who need the link....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

2 figures AND electronics? fixed landing gear? Dream on. the only changes are the fixed droid head, the front guns and the paint apps. and the fact it actually comes with a decent pilot instead of that same old tired pinheaded POTF2 pilot.

it's a good price. a decent bundle of product. that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    What 2 figures come with it?
    This guy and a droid which I can't find a picture of at the moment, but I think he looks like the one that is in the Y-Wing here

Yeah, there's a fixed R5-69 head and a separate R5-69 unit.

Plus the eagerly-awaited Lanny Mulletman figure. I only hope they don't forget the beer helmet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

sixty nine dude!!!!!!!!

you are kidding right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	15500  

Well, I shal preorder this one since I will have to order the GH sets from there also.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten