Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

30th Anniversary Coins

Hello, I am new here. Nice to meet all of you. I am a collector that has been out of the loop for a couple of years due to other hobbies. Now, I am back.

I am having some trouble with understanding the whole 30th Anniversary coins. I was wondering if someone would be able to answer my questions, it would be greatly appreciated. I have looked, but I am not very good with finding things on the internet or computers, but yet I can rebuild a 4g63 engine .

1. I purchased the 30th Anniversary Coin Album with Darth Vader. It says on the back that there are 60 coins available. Now, I have ordered waves 1-5 of the Basic Figures which comes so far to 36 figures. Are they going to come out with another 24? Are they going to count the exclusives in that 24?

2. I saw there are coins in the Saga Legends. Now, on the cards it says 30th Anniversary. So are these coins different than the Basic Figure 30th Anniversary? Are they adding both the Saga Legends coins and the Basic Figure coins to make the 60 available coins?

3. Is Saga Legends different than the Basic Figures for 30th Anniversary? Or are they connected?

I am really sorry if this came out confusing, because it is for me!

Thanks for all of your help,

Wayne

I do believe there will be 60 figures in the basic 30th Anniversary Collection this year. I just got a Saga Legends figure yesterday, and the coin with that is not figure specific, but a coin for the movie it was in. So, I think that means there will just be 6 coins in the Saga Legends (or perhaps more if there is an Expanded Universe coin with the Dark Trooper). There are other coins that come with the exclusives, and there are coins you can send away for with proofs of purchase from the Vintage series of figures. Plus, I think there are some gold coins that are part of this year's Ultimate Galactic Hunt, but I'm not concerned about finding those. I never saw any of the UGH figures last year.

Someone correct me if any of that is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stiorevo View Post
    Hello, I am new here. Nice to meet all of you. I am a collector that has been out of the loop for a couple of years due to other hobbies. Now, I am back.
    Hi and welcome back

I am having some trouble with understanding the whole 30th Anniversary coins. I was wondering if someone would be able to answer my questions, it would be greatly appreciated. I have looked, but I am not very good with finding things on the internet or computers, but yet I can rebuild a 4g63 engine .
    Good, I cant fix an engine but can answer your questions

1. I purchased the 30th Anniversary Coin Album with Darth Vader. It says on the back that there are 60 coins available. Now, I have ordered waves 1-5 of the Basic Figures which comes so far to 36 figures. Are they going to come out with another 24? Are they going to count the exclusives in that 24?
    There will be 60 basic figures all with coins. There will be other coins from exclusives, Toy Fair, Vintage line and SDCC. The Vintage line is a mail away offer and you can get the Toy fair coin with them for 7 bonus coins

2. I saw there are coins in the Saga Legends. Now, on the cards it says 30th Anniversary. So are these coins different than the Basic Figure 30th Anniversary? Are they adding both the Saga Legends coins and the Basic Figure coins to make the 60 available coins?
    I believe they are different. I havent seen the legends line but heard that they are different from the regular ones

3. Is Saga Legends different than the Basic Figures for 30th Anniversary? Or are they connected?
    The Legends are straight repacks of other figures, very similar to the Heroes and Villians and Greatest Battles line last year. AnotheR Site ran a poll and it decided which figures were going to be in this line.

I am really sorry if this came out confusing, because it is for me!

Thanks for all of your help,

Wayne
    Your welcome Wayne, stick around and enjoy the site
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Here is the basic breakdown for the coins as it is currently known.

• 60 silver "30th Anniversary" coins - 1 coin for each of the 60 regular "30th Anniversary" figures.
    • 10 gold (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) "30th Anniversary" coins - 1 coin for each of the 10 (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) "30th Anniversary" variant carded figures.
    • 7 Saga Legends coins - 1 coin for each Star Wars movie and the Star Wars expanded universe.
    • 6 Vintage coins - All 6 are exclusive to the (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) Vintage figure mail-in coin set offer. This coin set is also available from the Disney Star Wars Weekend store.
    • 2 Celebration IV figure coins - 1 coin included with both Celebration IV exclusive variant carded figures (the figures are the same as Celebration Europe).
    • 2 Celebration Europe figure coins - 1 coin included with both Celebration Europe exclusive variant carded figures (the figures are the same as Celebration IV).
    • 1 San Diego Comic-Con coin - This coin is included with the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive figure.
    • 3 Star Wars 30th Anniversary coins - Each coin looks the same from the front, but each has a different back ("Celebration IV", "Celebration Europe", and "The Star Wars"). The Celebration IV coin was given away for free at Celebration IV in a baggie. The Celebration Europe coin will be given away for free at Celebration Europe in a baggie (though a few were accidentally given away during Celebration IV by mistake). "The Star Wars" coin was given out at Toy Fair 2007 and will also be included with the (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) Vintage figure mail-in coin set offer. Once again, this coin set is also available from the Disney Star Wars Weekend store.

In addition to the coins you have a few miscellaneous items to go along with the coins.

• Coin Display Album - Included with the "30th Anniversary" Darth Vader figure.
    • Coin Display Booklet - Exclusive to the (Ultimate Galactic Hunt) Vintage figure mail-in coin set offer (and the Disney Star Wars Weekend store).
    • Coin Display Box - Exclusive to Toy Fair 2007. It included "The Star Wars" backed coin. This item will not be included with "The Star Wars" backed coin from the coin mail-in offer.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Considering that people who want to complete that coin album will have to spend well over $400 to do so, you would think the album itself would be more than just cheap printed cardboard.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the information. I understand now. Thanks again!!!!

and if there are any openers here that don't want their coins please let me know. I would like to fill my coin book but I am not buying 2 of everything this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Considering that people who want to complete that coin album will have to spend well over $400 to do so, you would think the album itself would be more than just cheap printed cardboard.
    Yeah, I was kind of wondering if they might produce a nice, leather-bound album for collector-collectors. I'd buy that for a reasonable price, if it looked good.

Now that all these 60 figures have been released, did any of you loose collectors complete your coin album? I have 30 of the 60, plus 2 Legends coins. I have a few other still-carded figs, but I passed on many a figure and never found others at reasonable prices. So, how's about youn's guys?

Below are the ones without an open slot:
    2, 3
    6, 7
    20-26
    28-30
    32, 33
    38-40
    53, 54

EI Legends
    EIV Legends

[edit] I'm looking at the cover of the album, and I just realized that Han is shooting Luke in the back of the head. Ouch. Or, Luke has yellow-orange gum in his hair that's stuck to Han's blaster.
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 03-27-2008 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Wha-?! Violence in collectibles? No way.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Yeah, I got a full set, and then some. Which means I spent UGLY amounts of cash last year on toys. I totally got bamboozled into it by the coins, but I think the album looks awesome, all filled in.