Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

San Diego Comic Con 2007

Am I really the first person to post about this Con? I really expected to find multiple pages by now.

Anyway...I got my 4(actually 5) day passes yesterday. The last possible day to get them at 55.00. I am glad I am set with that! I am looking forward to the preview night!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I got my passes last year, but unfortunately found out a couple of weeks ago I can't go. Luckily, I was in time to get a full refund, but this will be the first time since I moved here that I can't attend.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

This is the first year since 1990 that I won't be attending... It's just too damn crowded anymore... I really miss the old Comic Con that was a "Comic" Convention.

I think the dust is still setteling from CIV, so not much SDCC talk. Anyways, should be a great show -wish I was going.

The Commander Cody Minibust is gonna be a hit (and disaster at the same time).
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I am kind of tapped out. That week, I have a lot going on, so I'd be pooped. And I echo some of the other comments, in that it's got tons o' people there and I don't know if $55 is a good deal anymore. Not so much of the Star Wars stuff going on, at least as compared to the last two years.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm going. I live in San Diego and don't even have to drive to this con. Thus I have no excuse.

I know I'm meeting Figrinbran down there, and hopefully DarthCruel. I'll miss not getting to hang out with El Chuxter this year. I was so much looking forward to making fun of his taste in Transformers in person!

But Transformers, Hulk, Batman, Star Trek, and Superman / Smallville are clearly other attractions for me at this year's Comic Con besides Star Wars. That being said, Star Wars is still a great attraction for me, and as I did not attend C4, there will be a lot of freshness to Lucasfilm's offerings for me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Full programming schedule for SDCC

Tycho, it's kind of looking as if i won't be able to make it to the Hasbro panel on Friday as I would have to leave my home at around 6 am. i have trouble enough getting to Target by 8 am.

I understand Figrin.

I've made a tentative schedule for where I'll be: (for scheduling conflicts, I'll decide on the spot)

Preview Night - running to Hasbro and SideShow mostly. There's no programs and I'm not interested in much else that I can think of on the showroom floor. I suppose Master Replicas might be there for lines other than Star Wars. Their staff has some very cool people I may want to say "hello" to.

Thursday:

12:30 - 1:30 Rm 6 CDEF - Star Trek

1 -2 Rm 10 - SideShow

1:30 - 3:30 (have to check the room) Paramount - Star Trek, Indiana Jones

LUNCH (maybe dealer room time - not my priority)

5- 6 Rm 4 Action Figure Times - Diamond Select who does Star Trek will be there

6- 7 Rm 5 AB - Star Trek

6- 7 (have to check the room) "Fan Boys" - says SW Spoof will be out Jan 18

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday (Star Wars Day) - almost all events in Rm 1 AB.

10:30-11:30 Rm 1 AB - Star Wars books

10:30-11:30 Rm 30 AB - Jews and Comics - allegedly, most superheroes were Jewish?

11:30 Rm 1 AB - Hasbro Star Wars (all SSGrs regroup here at this hour!)

12:30 - 1:30 - Rm 1 AB - Star Wars video games

12:15- ? Hall H - 21st Century Fox Studios - Hayden Christensen, Sam Jackson amongst others, Aliens vs. Predator (new movie?)

1:30 - 2:30, Rm 1 AB - Star Wars Robot Chicken

2:30- 3:30, Rm 1 AB - Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars

LUNCH - Time to Line Up for Star Wars Spectacular

5-6 Hall H (far end of the convention center - long walk) Steve Sansweet SW

6:15 Hall H - Kevin Smith - always very funny (other year: sex w. Grandma. Not J/K)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday

11:45- 1:15 Rm 6 A - Transformers! Autobots: roll in!

5:15 - 6:30 Rm 6 CDEF - Terminator - Sarah Conner Chronicles

6-7 Rm 24 A - Indiana Jones

6:30 - 7:30 Rm 6 CDEF - Smallville - Supergirl star, live

7:45 Rm 6 CDEF - Sara Silverman - sexy comedian, actress

Costume Masquerade Broadcast for those without tickets - Rm 6A/6B big screens

- Tickets are free, but you have to be available to get them around 2 or 3 (I might be) and then the line starts for the show, that far in advance. I'm obviously going to be busy this year. I have to talk to my friends about what we're doing for the masquerade. We usually sit together, but I think a viewing room might be alright this year since there are late programs I want to attend.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday

I'll likely stay home and sleep. Enough is enough. The problem is that always by Monday, I'll be missing it and wished there was more to the show, but I don't want to go 5 days in a row. It's too much for me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, would you recommend lining up at the same time that you are for the SW Sansweet presentation? or are you just trying to be first in line?

Btw, i don't know about most superheroes being Jewish but at the very least, Superman's creators were Jewish and "Kal-El" comes from Hebrew for "vessel of God", if i'm not mistaken.

Saturday has some outstanding programming like Heroes and BSG and Smallville (hmmm, i seem to watch every show that JT watches though he doesn't watch Lost)...makes me think about coming on that day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Tycho, would you recommend lining up at the same time that you are for the SW Sansweet presentation? or are you just trying to be first in line?
    Every year the Star Wars Spectacular over-fills. First, people camp out there from earlier presentations and hold onto their seats. I don't believe Comic Con has ever made people "clear the room" as they have at SW Celebrations. However, for events like Hasbro's Star Wars, I think they sometimes did because that generates a line (a bunch of Yarna dal Gargon fans, they are )

Next, you get better seats that are left over if you get in there fast. If they're not clearing the room, you will also have that seat for Kevin Smith who immediately follows - and whom I highly recommend seeing if you like to laugh! (Do NOT get up to ask Kevin Smith a question - he roasts all his fans hardcore! Haha)

Btw, i don't know about most superheroes being Jewish but at the very least, Superman's creators were Jewish and "Kal-El" comes from Hebrew for "vessel of God", if i'm not mistaken.
    I think that's where they start the focus, but it's an interesting theory. However, I don't think Stan Lee (Spider-Man, Hulk) is Jewish. But part of the theory is that the stateless Jews who knew persecution and not a homeland (many of them created their characters before Israel was formed) invented these characers to give them hope - largely the hope they sought in the United States, hence "the American hero" perspective.

I don't think I'll have time to make this one though, because it takes me away from the Star Wars room and I don't have the stamina to do all the walking I used to do dating up to 10 years or more back worth of Comic Cons.

Saturday has some outstanding programming like Heroes and BSG and Smallville (hmmm, i seem to watch every show that JT watches though he doesn't watch Lost)...makes me think about coming on that day as well.
    I'm glad I'll be able to see Smallville this year as it's not interfering with Star Wars programming for once.

Yeah there are some good choices. My list was for myself. But go to www.comic-con.org and look on the bottom of the page for the schedule of events to see what you might want to do.