Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hellboy 2 and del Toro

Anyone a fan of either Hellboy or Guillermo del Toro?

I finally saw Pans Labyrinth (I know a little late) and loved the first Hellboy.

del Toro's films work on so many levels. In the fashion of the great horror classics of the golden years, Toro merges fantasy and horror with sharp social commentary without being preachy or overly self-consious....he gets that films can be fun and magical but still be a little serious....

Pans reminded me of a Fellowship fo the Ring meets Schindler's List and I'm really excited to see the new Hellboy film!
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Looking forward to this sequel a lot. The other day it was confirmed that Danny Elfman will score the film.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I liked the Hellboy movie, I thought it was really cool and one of the better comic book based films I've ever seen. I will give the sequel a look.

I am, however, a bigger fan of Hellboy the SSG member.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I liked the Hellboy movie, I thought it was really cool and one of the better comic book based films I've ever seen. I will give the sequel a look.

I am, however, a bigger fan of Hellboy the SSG member.
    Thanks T.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

been a big fan of the comic for a long time, and while there were changes made to the overall plot, the characters pretty much remained true to their origins. the only thing that bothered me was the love story between hellboy and liz, which never existed in the comics.

pan's labyrinth was really cool. it reminded me of shindler's list as well, especially the main army guy - his ruthless ness reminded me of ralph fiennes character.

can't wait for the next installment, though... hopefully we'll get to see roger the homunculus or johann the disembodied phychic!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Danny Elfman makes any film better. He is secretly a bear.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

mignola did a promo poster for hellboy 2: the golden army for SDCC07. check it out at shocktillyoudrop.com
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I'll see it, as I liked the first one. But don't expect this one to dominate the box office if it's going against The Dark Knight.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    I'll see it, as I liked the first one. But don't expect this one to dominate the box office if it's going against The Dark Knight.
    You're right about that...but sometimes the best films aren't necessarily big box office smashes....consider the Kill Bills and Grindhouse....

If next year is Hellboy and Dark Knight it will make up for this year's Fantastic Flop: Rise of the Uncessesary Sequal and Spiderturd 3...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Trailer is out!! Looks awesome!!!!

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=24351523

Can anyone fill me in on these new charachters. Thanx.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!