Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TAC#16 Darth Vader Review

Hey all,
    I finally got all the pics toghether for a review of the new Darth Vader. This one come with Obi-Wan's robe from their final battle in Episode 4.
    Check out the usual pics and comments here:
    TVFT Reviews
    Enjoy!
    Engineernerd

That was a pretty good review. Fun to read, as always. I actually might buy this Vader next time I see one on the pegs, thanks to your review.

out of curiosity. which vader is the tallest? the only recent vader I have is the one from the imperial briefing box set. how does that compare to this vader height wise?

I don't have the briefing set, (there's a gasp from the crowd) I've wanted it. Just didn't want to part with money for it. My Suncoast has a stack of 5 or 6 or them and I'm waiting to see if they clearance them.

However, my hand digital calipers say he is 4.240 inches tall. Or 107.71mm for all of my Canadian friends. Good Day, eh?

Old eyes and an odd font are not a good combination.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've already made the corections.

Thanks again,
    Engineernerd

Great review man!

I picked this one up a bit ago, and I'm happy I did.

It's a good Vader, and the removable helmet is better than most. I like the detail on the face -- though I'm a bit of a purist, and would rather have a Sebastian Shaw head under that helmet.

For the most part, I believe this is just a retooling of the Evolutions Vader with new hands and Hayden's head. Plus the helmet seems to fit more snugly and therefore looks better.

This would be the perfect Vader for me if it only had Sebastian Shaw's likeness underneath; but I'm sure we'll see that one carded at some point.

I got this one in a trade with Darth Michael. I wasnt going to get this one, but the cape base is what sold me.

I was quite shocked to see the removable helmet. I like the concept to it, but like PF, I would have preferred Shaw under it.

The base with Ben's cape is pretty cool. It is/was the main factor in me getting this(also that it was a trade and I didnt have to part with money for yet another Vader).

Overall I would give it a C+/B-. If it wasnt the 6th Vader released this year(Coin album, Tantive IV pack, this one and the Briefing set, 2 tins) it could have gotten higher.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I bought this one tonight out of sheer boredom. I like it better than nearly any other one, though the VOTC version is still my favorite. The base, while a cool concept, is (as has been stated) useless save for eye candy.