Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

John from Cincinatti

Anyone else catch this show? I thought it was pretty good. Funny and all. Rebecca Demorney, Ed O' Neil, Luis Guzman(who I just find plain old funny) and a few others in it. Surfing, freaky stuff going on. Whats up with Johns magical pockets? He seems to pull whatever people want from them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Not sure what to think of this show yet but I wasn't really impressed with the premiere. Rebecca De Mornay seemed to be overacting quite a bit and the story and dialog seemed a bit convoluted. I'll give it a few episodes.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I thought the show was pretty good; it definitely gained my interest. I'm very curious to see where it is headed too. It appears to be a pretty wacky show, which I like; original too. I didn't know much about the show prior to watching it so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the content though. So far I like all of the characters, even though I'm not familiar with some of them, the casting was pretty well done. Ed O'Neil's character is great. I like surfing too. Yeah, I can definitely get into this show. Can't wait to see next week's, and like I said earlier, can't wait to see where it is headed.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I thought Ellsworth from Deadwood was damn funny in the show.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I will catch it later this week, I didn't want to start a new show right away with The Sopranos ending...the only show that I could have watched to take away my sadness would have been a new season of Deadwood.

So I'll give John a chance this week.

Wow! I'm really digging this show! I thought tonight's episode was really good; I'm definitely getting hooked.

That Dr. looked a hell of a lot like Dr. Herbert West (Jeffrey Combs) of Re-Animator fame.

Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter from Deadwood) was a pleasent surprise. I love this guy, he did a wonderful job. Hopefully he'll be around more too. (Remember, I still haven't seen Deadwood Season 3 so no spoilers please)

Anyways, what an ending that was. I was kind of expecting it, but at the same time, I didn't see it coming. Hell I don't know, its hard to explain. I thought it was really good though.

One interesting thing to note, tonights episode took place one day after last week's episode, wonder if that will be the format all season?!?!?!?

So did you end up catching this show Caesar? If so, what are your thoughts thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by kh
    I thought Ellsworth from Deadwood was damn funny in the show.
    Hell yea!

"You just paid to see a donkey f*** a woman."
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

As for Deadwood characters on the show:

John: played Morgan Earp
    Freddie: Charlie Utter
    The Doctor: Played Francis Wolcott
    Joe: Ellsworth

There are also supposed ot be more showing up including Trixie and Hugo

Tonights Episode was great. I knew the kid wouldnt die, but I didnt think Zippy would do it. Must have been something from when he touched him in the prior epsidoe.

I'm not sure what to make of this show yet, either, but I'm liking it. I think it may become my newest viewing guilty pleasure. Far from being a prude, I wish they'd tone the language down a bit, tho. I think that part is over done (reminds me way too much of the Lannys and Lannettes I deal with in my job....sorry, that's what the Yost's remind me of).

I agree with KH, the Zippy twist was great! I didn't see that coming at all. I figured John would come to the rescue. If the show keeps having twists like that, I will keep me watching. John's innocence is also a crack-up. The bathroom scene had me in stitches!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I enjoyed this weeks episode. Nice to see a few Deadwood transplants here.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I agree with KH, the Zippy twist was great! I didn't see that coming at all. I figured John would come to the rescue. If the show keeps having twists like that, I will keep me watching. John's innocence is also a crack-up. The bathroom scene had me in stitches!
    Oh man, I didn't see that one coming at all! I too thought John would heal him or something and whamo, Zippy takes care of business. Maybe how the bird was healed/came back to life allows it to transfer elsewhere?

I caught up on this show thanks to VOD and i'm really enjoying it. The first episode was iffy, but the second one seemed to finding a stride. I really enjoyed John and his scene in the bathroom and his random comments are great. And I find it odd that the earthquake happened just mere moments after John got decked. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm now adding this to the DVR shows list. Can't wait to see what happens next!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"