Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother 8

Big Brother 8

I know there are a few of us here who watch this series and are looking forward to it starting. Seemed appropriate to start a BB/8 thread considering this development. After reading the news only one word came to mind. "Boobies!"

Source:Variety.com
    It's Showtime for "Big Brother."

The CBS summer staple is expanding in a big way for its eighth season, with the Eye planning to launch a spinoff series on one of its cable nets.

"Big Brother: After Dark" will feature a live, unedited feed from the "Big Brother" house. Skein will run three hours nightly from midnight until 3 a.m. ET/PT on ShoToo, Showtime's widely available companion net.

Because there are so many cameras in the house capturing multiple storylines, an online producer will decide which cameras auds will see. Profanity and nudity will be allowed, but the feed will be interrupted if houseguests say anything slanderous or that violates music copyrights.

Because "Big Brother" originates from Los Angeles, the feed viewers see will feature activity taking place between 9 p.m. and midnight.

"That's primetime for the 'Big Brother' house," said exec producer-showrunner Allison Grodner. "It's when our houseguests are most wide awake and having fun, talking about strategy and playing the game. People are going to see quite a bit."

New extension of "Big Brother" will premiere July 5, the same night as the CBS version of the skein. CBS will once again run "Brother" three nights a week: Thursdays and Sundays at 8 p.m. and Tuesdays at 9.

Scheduling means the Eye's new low-rated "Pirate Master" will move to a new timeslot. "Pirate Master" will receive a special one-night airing after the "Big Brother" bow, then shift on July 10 to Tuesdays at 10 (where it once again will benefit from a "Big" lead-in).

Addition of "After Dark" continues the Eye's efforts to turn the "Big Brother" brand into as much of a multiplatform experience as possible:

* Live feeds from inside the house will continue to be streamed via the Internet. Eye is partnering again with RealNetworks, which will charge $14.99 per month for the feed.

* "House Calls," the Internet talk strip devoted to "Big Brother" will be back for its fourth season. Gretchen Massey will host.

* Full-length episodes of the show will be streamed via the CBS Audience Network to multiple Web sites. Eye will also let users post selected clips to blogs.

* Eye will offer several mobile-phone packages packed with "Big Brother" content, including one in which subscribers can get breaking news of major developments inside the house.

Grodner and Rich Meehan are the exec producers of "Big Brother" and produce in association with Endemol USA.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

Awesome!!! I knew I didn't cancel Showtime for a reason. ShoToo is part of the package so I'll be all over this.

I just can't wait to get a look at the houseguests. The BB8 website still isn't up yet, hopefully it won't be too much longer.

As you all know, I can't wait for this season to start and I'm loving the extra "After Dark" treatment that the show is going to get. And it says "nightly" so I guess this is going to air every night of the week?!? Sweet...

...boobies....
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Another 3 weeks!!!!!!! I don't know if I can take it....

I mean, it's nice outside and all that, but damn it, I need some entertaining (if not good) TV. All the reruns are killing me...Pirate Master sucks. The only good thing on right now is Hell's Kitchen..
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Glad to see someone started a BB8 thread already!!

I was going to do it today after seeing the show starts in two weeks!

Two weeks to chaos, melt downs and hook ups!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited, but I wanna see who the houseguests are already!!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I'm excited, but I wanna see who the houseguests are already!!!!
    Hopefully we get a few hotties.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

Definitely! There has to be atleast one or two.

But yeah, I've beeen waiting and waiting for CBS to activate their new BigBrother web page but it's still set to Season 7, Season 8 isn't available yet. I'm dying to see who and what the contestants are and look like.

Only 7 more days fellas. I went snooping and found a list/pics of the houseguests of BB8! Here is the link @ MoreBigBrother.

My first impressions were not that good actually, but the more I looked and studied them, the more I came to like them. Of course, this is just just going by little thumbnail pics and a blip of information so my opinion is sure to change when the show airs. Anyways, Carol, Jessica and Jen could be hot. Daniele is hot. And Nick looks a helluva lot like Dick.

CBS still hasn't updated their website.

Looking forward to the premiere!

Three of the 14 are 30 or over. Sounds like CBS is definitely going for the younger demographics this year.

The ladies, for the most part, do look nice.

YES!! One week to go!!

During last night's Pirate Master, CBS aired the first commercial with the
    BB contestants.

Already spotted the gay person. When you see the commercial, I'll let you figure out which one!

The ladies do look hot! Not the sharpest tacks in the box, but hot.

Since the show starts next week, I figure they're going into the house early next week, like Tuesday. Need a couple of days worth of footage to get started, y'know.