Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

The great Pegwarmer Hasbro discussion thread

Last week, over at ActionFigs.com we asked Hasbro this question:
    In 2002, heavy pegwarming led several figures to be recalled, sent back to Hasbro. Will this happen again anytime soon, perhaps to remedy the problems of Moff Jerjerrod, Lushros Dofine, and the abundant TSC-era Greatest Hits leftovers which are still pegwarming hard nearly a year after their releases?
    And a couple days ago they sent this answer:
    While you may see some figures more abundant locally, that is not the case everywhere, with no pegwarming problems with any individual figures on a national level. The Greatest Hits, in partcular, have long been depleted on a national level. If you have a particular store with an unusually heavy concentration of a particular figure, please send along the store # (any manager should be able to tell you this), the figure in question, and a picture if allowed and we will pass this info along to our retail marketing group to try and address.
    Another thread has been set up to take down the reports:
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35355

but as you can see in this thread, there's still plenty to discuss as well. There's no discussion allowed in that thread, it's just for reports, but feel free to discuss the project in this thread.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

temp move

Out of curiosity, since they didn't say they absolutely need photos, would it be permissible to not post one if you don't have the capability to take them?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

May as well take a pic of the Saga Legends Threepio w/ BD Head that I saw today...

What about the OFFENSES of Malakali and Mon Mothma? Zam Wessel? For years these criminals have gone unpunished. Only now when so many have suffered do we see a sign of our salvation in AMERICA'S LEAST WANTED - the new series on the Hasbro Channel.

But C-3PO, Moff Jerjerrod, and Lushros Dofine will pay for their transgressions! I fully support the Dis-pegged Penalty! Let's restore justice.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Might as well put down the Wave 3 Vader along with Legends Vader on this list of pegwarmers.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Out of curiosity, since they didn't say they absolutely need photos, would it be permissible to not post one if you don't have the capability to take them?
    I hate to say yes because we've already got half the replies in here messing around, that's worse than no help at all. Also, it doesn't tell everything they're going to want to know, the concentration of pegwarmers to non-pegwarmers, pegwarmers to empty pegs, etc.. A photo really is going to speak volumes that even a detailed report cannot.

But, for the time being I'm going to say "yes - but only the most serious of responses" and hope to see responsible, in-person reports. Also, these reports will be probably gauged lower than photo reports. And most importantly, bad or sloppy info will only harm this thing, not help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    May as well take a pic of the Saga Legends Threepio w/ BD Head that I saw today...
    That is no help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What about the OFFENSES of Malakali and Mon Mothma? Zam Wessel? For years these criminals have gone unpunished. Only now when so many have suffered do we see a sign of our salvation in AMERICA'S LEAST WANTED - the new series on the Hasbro Channel.

But C-3PO, Moff Jerjerrod, and Lushros Dofine will pay for their transgressions! I fully support the Dis-pegged Penalty! Let's restore justice.
    That is even further no help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Its against store policies to take p[ics with in the store, I dont have a cell phone camera so I cant even sneak one.

Wal Mart - CBurg Va Store # 1292 - 4 full pegs of the H&V and GB, mainly emperor and shocktroopers. Also TAC Obi-Wans and R2's are sticking around more than the rest.
    Could you clarify how many Emperors and Shocktroopers, and which specific figures they refer to? I'd like to be crystal. And how many TAC Obi-Wans and R2s would be helpful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by metaljedi View Post
    Might as well put down the Wave 3 Vader along with Legends Vader on this list of pegwarmers.
    That's no help, new figures are not "pegwarmers", they have to be old stock that's not moving.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh man, I know of a few Walmarts around here that are stocked to the brim with LAST YEAR'S VTSC figures and they are STILL marked at $10. I swear they must have 20-30 Greedos, Endor Han Solo and Tusken Raider that have been collecting dust. I actually ran my finger across the top of the clamshell and it left my finger covered in thick dark gray dust. I don't see how the department managers can let that stuff linger around. They know it doesn't sell. Why don't they take initiative to mark them down just to make more room?

As much as I like this idea... I can't think of one store that would really allow any of us to take photos. Besides, isn't this what those Hasbro merchandisers are for?

Who said anything about asking permission?

However, PlasticFetish is right - this is the job of the store merchandisers not the retail store's customers (us). But it is like a check and balance on them, though it reads more like (to the merchandisers) "If we can't pay you to do a good job, we'll get fanboys online to do your job for you - and they'll work for free." C'mon. Doesn't something sound wrong with that picture?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.