Simple Custom Of The McQuarrie Fett

I recently acquired the McQuarrie Fett (hard to find due to Scalpers) & decided to customize him the way I thought he should have been done according to some of the concept art I've seen. I took a 300th Fett fresh out of the box (had 2) & removed his blasters, cape, head & discarded the rest of the figure. I then cut the cape how I wanted it & put it on the McFett while adding the blasters as well. Here are some picks of McFett:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McFett.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	15535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0425.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	15536  
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

On a side note, one thing really irks me, this is supposed to be an action figure yet you really can't play with it due to the waist issue (falling -----a-------part) & the jet pack is really loose.

The reason it wasn't designed with the cape or with a newer style blaster is because those are Joe Johnston additions and this is a McQuarrie figure. It's an interesting idea though, but I think Hasbro's soft goods cape you lifted there just isn't up to snuff for the needs of the design.

The backpack and waist on mine aren't THAT loose! I can pick up the figure and not have them fall apart. Maybe you should add some clearcoat nail polish to the pegs to thicken them up just a little.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The reason it wasn't designed with the cape or with a newer style blaster is because those are Joe Johnston additions and this is a McQuarrie figure. It's an interesting idea though, but I think Hasbro's soft goods cape you lifted there just isn't up to snuff for the needs of the design.

The backpack and waist on mine aren't THAT loose! I can pick up the figure and not have them fall apart. Maybe you should add some clearcoat nail polish to the pegs to thicken them up just a little.
    True that it is J.T., but I'm actually referring to one of his (Mcquarrie) concept drawings (Bespin dinner) that I liked (mine looks just like it), so that's what I wanted the most & hoped that they would do this one. As far as the mid section goes, I have three of them, one carded & the other two loose. I'll fiddle with it a bit but I won't let it bother me too much.

I believe I know what drawing you mean, but the additions are from Joe Johnston nonetheless. They mentioned something about this very issue in the Art of Ralph McQuarrie panel at CIV.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's cool, this is how I like him the best though.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were going to make a joke about doing a head swap.

I'm glad to see you went a little further.

I like the cape on him. Good job.