Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The A-Wing Pilot helmet

The new A-Wing Pilot figure STILL has the wrong helmet included. So far, both Pilot figures with removable helmets have been given a Y-Wing pilot helmet instead of the correct A-Wing Pilot helmet.

I know where the problem originates from, the old Star Wars Chronicles book mislabeled a ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot helmet and ever since we haven't seen a single accurate A-Wing Pilot.

The new A-Wing Pilot:
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/sho...23313&cat=5329

The previous A-Wing Pilot figure:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...nghelmetfr.jpg

Attached is a photo of the A-Wing Pilot from the movie, you can see that the helmet is totally different. It's not even close enough that you could conceivably mistake one for the other.

So my request would be a new A-Wing Pilot finally made with the correct helmet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tailgaters.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	15537  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Looks like the only one they got right was the one that came with the A-Wing fighter.

the POTF2 A-wing. not the re-release which came with a Y-wing pilot in a green flight suit. (which for a Y-wing pilot should be grey).

another point about the Tycho figure. his head is so darned big the flight cap seems ridiculously huge perched on top. like he's wearing a hops sack.
    the basic figure sculpt is great but the headgear needs changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Looks like the only one they got right was the one that came with the A-Wing fighter.
    The POTF2 version is closer but still not that accurate.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...ingpilotfr.jpg

Oddly enough the vintage figure is still the most accurate when it comes to the helmet:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...ilotheadfr.jpg
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    the POTF2 A-wing. not the re-release which came with a Y-wing pilot in a green flight suit. (which for a Y-wing pilot should be grey).

another point about the Tycho figure. his head is so darned big the flight cap seems ridiculously huge perched on top. like he's wearing a hops sack.
    the basic figure sculpt is great but the headgear needs changing.
    The grey-suited Y-Wing Pilot is at the top of my want list for NBM (never before made) figures. We've never had a figure of them in any toy line, even though they are more prominent in the film than B-Wing Pilots (which we have two figures of). I believe their suits are very different from any of the other pilots' suits, so the "Arvel Crynyd" figure we got was actually a strange mishmash of an A-Wing Pilot's flight suit with a Y-Wing Pilot's head and helmet. However, I can't be sure, since I haven't seen many good photos of the ROTJ Y-Wing Pilots.

I agree about the new figure's flight cap, it should have either been sculpted onto his head or Hasbro should have just included an interchangeable head.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    The new A-Wing Pilot figure STILL has the wrong helmet included. So far, both Pilot figures with removable helmets have been given a Y-Wing pilot helmet instead of the correct A-Wing Pilot helmet.

I know where the problem originates from, the old Star Wars Chronicles book mislabeled a ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot helmet and ever since we haven't seen a single accurate A-Wing Pilot.

The new A-Wing Pilot:

Attached is a photo of the A-Wing Pilot from the movie, you can see that the helmet is totally different. It's not even close enough that you could conceivably mistake one for the other.

they can reuse the upcoming a wing pilot figure just use the full body and add a new sculpt head and removable helmet just like the one you attached the pic!

how about a vintage style a wing pilot for the star wars vintage style collection

this figure can be reuse for another a wing pilots for correct helmets!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7407.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	15541

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7448.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	15542

That cap is pretty honkin' big. It should've been left off, or sculpted onto the head. I can't be 100% sure, but it actually looks like it's bigger than the helmet itself!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

The new A-Wing Pilot:

I thought that the helmet in question actually IS the same one, but it has a flip-down face plate and in the photo you included the face plate is flipped up (you can see something's flipped up above the helmet).

In any case, they should give us the movie version you have in your picture, even if it's the same prop just in a different position.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I thought that the helmet in question actually IS the same one, but it has a flip-down face plate and in the photo you included the face plate is flipped up (you can see something's flipped up above the helmet).

In any case, they should give us the movie version you have in your picture, even if it's the same prop just in a different position.
    I'm going through movie stills now and they are clearly totally different designs. Once I get some good screen grabs, I'll post them.

The TIE Pilot helmet and the Stormtrooper helmet actually have more in common than these two helmets and no one here would be satisfied with a black Stormtrooper helmet atop their new TIE Pilot figure.

Another error which makes me wonder do they have anyone who watches the films or looks at film stills at all??

It looks like a quality figure apart from this one mistake - there always seems to be one - which just holds it back from being perfect.

How do these things get by them? Are there actual star wars fans working at Hasbro or just a bunch of random sculptors and indifferent supervisors?