Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lando Smuggler is VOTC Lando redux!

Ok I composited the two Lando pics to be about the same size. I also lightened up the smuggler pic so you can see things more clearly. The sleeves are not really grey on the smuggler Lando, but I had to keep close to the original contrast of color so you can see the folds. If I didn't then the lightening of the pic would have blown out the color and you wouldn't be able to tell.

Anyway in the pic you can clearly see that it's the complete Lando VOTC body. Arms, torso, waist (including the belt, which has now been painted to match the pants), legs, and feet.

So indeed it is only the collar and the head that are different to this sculpt (oh and the vest). Of course the paint job on the rest of the Lando now reflects the smuggler outfit better.

Not excited about this fig, but it has it's merits over my custom in the articulation, so I'll prolly get it.

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/l...-VOTC_comp.jpg
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 06-13-2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Move along, move along

One of Jedi Defender's questions to Hasbro was this:

1. Looking over photos from Celebration IV, it seems like "Smuggler" Lando Calrissian is made up of some old figure parts. It appears that he is using the head, arms, and legs of Vintage OTC Bespin Lando Calrissian. Is this the case? Is it simply a new torso? Either way, the figure looks great!

** Lando has a new head, upper torso, and belt. The rest is a re-use of Han tooling. Glad you like the result!

Han tooling? do they even know what they're talking about? Have they even looked at their own product? what an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    Han tooling? do they even know what they're talking about? Have they even looked at their own product? what an idiot.
    Han, Lando - same guy!

Anyway, that is a great way to retool an existing Lando figure - they did a nice job; this will probably become my fav Lando fig of all time, given I wanted to see this version of him for pretty much ever!!!!

Thanks for the cool composite!
    Real men buy Willrow

I don't think Lando's sleeves were puffy in the film. However, this does open up the possibility of Hasbro kitbashing us a Ceremonial Han Solo with that buttoned up collar.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Han, Lando - same guy!

Anyway, that is a great way to retool an existing Lando figure - they did a nice job; this will probably become my fav Lando fig of all time, given I wanted to see this version of him for pretty much ever!!!!

Thanks for the cool composite!
    You're welcome, however I got the photos from JD. I just altered them to make them clearer to see. So I won't take full cred for this.

Was that you, btw, who posted the original photos? It says "Matt" is the poster for that post in that thread.

-Sal
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 06-13-2007 at 02:42 PM.
    Move along, move along

Not me, nope....

As for the puffy shirt, I do not mind - that is a minor issue on an otherwise cool figure!
    Real men buy Willrow

Funny how no one ever asks for the outfit Lando wore in the celebration scene at the end of Jedi. I am pretty sure it is different than his General uniform.

Looks like a good figure to me. I will be getting a couple of these.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I don't think Lando's sleeves were puffy in the film. However, this does open up the possibility of Hasbro kitbashing us a Ceremonial Han Solo with that buttoned up collar.
    That's what I was thinking, but Han's vest was over the collar in the film. Hopefully the vest is removable and not just molded onto the shirt.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram