Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I was reading in another thread about Uncle Owen fighting a cyborg Darth Maul. For the love of freakin' God tell me that was a joke, otherwise I have a new "absolutely the dumbest, most hilarious SW thing conceivable" to replace the Fett/McDengar wedding.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

It was an Infinities story--the equivalent of Marvel's "What If...?" or DC's "Elseworlds." It was as ridiculously stupid as it sounds. Unfortunately, some folks seem to not realize it never happened.

It was in the Visionaries graphic novel. The entire thing is made-up, though a couple of stories could actually occur (like a letter to Mon Mothma from her son, shortly before he dies on Hoth). Basically, the concept artists just came up with stories.

According to this, Maul is constantly one step behind Obi-Wan for years. Finally, he somehow winds up on Polis Massa, where he kills them all and finds out Obi-Wan went to Tatooine. Never mind that he never told them that. Then he comes to Tatooine and kills Watto to find out where Obi-Wan is. Again, never mind that Watto has no clue even as to who Obi-Wan is.

Maul bests Obi-Wan in combat, but is shot and killed by Owen. Nice Jedi reflexes there, buddy.

The art is spectacular, though.

This is also where pre-cyborg Grievous comes from. At least the story of how he lost his body is one of the more plausible ones, aside from this incredibly weird reference to Dooku keeping Sifo-Dyas in suspended animation and sucking his blood to stay alive.

In any case, it's all better than Legacy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And this rubbish somehow becomes "new canon"?

Remind me again why I'm moving away form SW?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    And this rubbish somehow becomes "new canon"?

Remind me again why I'm moving away form SW?
    No n, this is not canon in that it's part of the continuity of the Saga. As Chux mentioned, it's like a "What If" story. It's not meant to be canon, just what might have happened had Maul survived his becoming half the man he used to be...heh.
    Move along, move along

Regardless of whether it is in the "What if..." style or if it is canon or not, its embarrassingly silly.

Regardless of whether it is in the "What if..." style or if it is canon or not, its embarrassingly silly.
    No, embarrassingly silly is "Skippy, the Jedi Droid" (R5-D4).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Skippy was, at least, intended to be a joke, and was amusing. Cyborg Maul doesn't even have that going for him.

Crazy as it sounds, the design actually would make a cool action figure, if they're doing stupid Infinities designs anyway.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Crazy as it sounds, the design actually would make a cool action figure, if they're doing stupid Infinities designs anyway.
    If they're doing it anyway and people are actually going to buy the damn thing then great. One of my biggest gripes is that people beg for a figure and then it clogs up pegs (i.e. Deity 3PO) and then they complain about it. Tell me you can't see that happening with the Tonnika sisters when two of pretty much the exact same figure will be sitting there for months.

If they're doing it anyway and people are actually going to buy the damn thing then great. One of my biggest gripes is that people beg for a figure and then it clogs up pegs (i.e. Deity 3PO) and then they complain about it. Tell me you can't see that happening with the Tonnika sisters when two of pretty much the exact same figure will be sitting there for months.
    I think they should do quality sculpts and make Yarna, the Tonnikas, Ice Cream Maker Guy, and the like exclusives like the Lucas Family set was.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    I think they should do quality sculpts and make Yarna, the Tonnikas, Ice Cream Maker Guy, and the like exclusives like the Lucas Family set was.
    ZOMG!!111! Did you say the dreaded "E" word?!?!?!?!?!

That's the thing: Those would sell like hotcakes to collectors as exclusives, but as soon as they hear that word they decide that its a huge conspiracy theory by Hasbro to kill the line.