Page 1 of 142 123451151101 ... LastLast

Hasbro Making Indiana Jones Figures

From www.toynewsi.com; this is awesome news. Hopefully the Star Wars team will work on the sculpts.

"Indiana Jones, the world’s greatest action hero, returns to theaters May 22, 2008, and his newest on-screen adventures will be supported by an impressive array of leading companies as part of a broad global licensing and promotional campaign across a wide range of product categories designed to appeal to all ages.

In the toy category, Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) will develop a broad line of action figures, vehicles and role play as well as games.

LEGO, the world’s best-selling construction toy brand, has also come on board as the exclusive licensee for building sets."

Vehicles? Does Hasbro expect that kids are going to buy Indiana Jones tanks or jeeps or some other 1950's vehicle? I'd say an extesnive toy line is about twenty to twenty-five years too late.

Action figures are a great idea. I think a lot of ADULTS will buy them. I hope Hasbro doesn't fool themselves into thinking that the primary customers of this line will be kids.

It depends what the nature of the storyline for Indy IV is.

We've heard rumors of Atlantis and Area 51. So either one could offer fun vehicles for kids. Though I'd rather they go Area 51... as Atlantis has been done to death now.

Are you saying Area 51 hasn't?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The quickest way for me to avoid seeing this movie would be for them to focus on Area 51 or aliens.

I am going to walk into this movie with very low expectations. I was about 12or 13 when the last one hit so I am not expecting to recapture my childhood with the new movie. Don't expect to much and the movie might be enjoyable.

I am hoping to get a good figure of Indy. Maybe a good Neca version or an unleashed and I will be happy. I really don't see starting an Indy collection. Then we will get the "whip" Indy and Indy with special gun hat, and Indy with moon boots. Who wants to go down that road?
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

I think Hasbro's the right company for a toy line of action figures at this time, in my eyes it'd be either them or Zizzle and Zizzle just ain't big enough. Hopefully Hasbro won't blow it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would've loved to see Zizzle get the license but the lack of any info or pics of waves 2 and 3 of the AWE line makes me lose confidence in them.

Now imagine if Hasbro repaints a Cantina Han and slaps a fedora on his head!

It'd be Bespin Han because of the jacket.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Great news! I hope Hasbro encompases all 4 Indy films (I bet they will). I'd totally buy a Nazi jeep and fill it with Soldiers! Indy (even wearing that stupid tie in Crusade), Marion, Henry, Sallah, Marcus, Toth -bring em on!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett