Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

2008 Comic 2-Packs!

From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...t_1_106892.asp

Over in the Comic Packs, we learned that they'll continue into 2008 with new characters from both the Marvel and Dark Horse comic books. Seems that EVERYONE loves the Star Wars: Legacy series (not just at Hasbro either), and we'll see more than one set based on that series. While we can't name names, we'll give a tiny hint: one set will include 2 similar characters, one of which we've seen before...in a matter of speaking.

Another really popular comic is the Star Wars: Purge one-shot, which has already provided inspiration for Commander Bow and a 2-pack of Bultar Swan & Koffi Arana...but there's at least one more set in the works, and this one includes Tsui Choi...no info on which character (or characters, since he is tiny!) he'll come packaged with.

Our final spy report (for tonight, anyway....more on that in a moment) is another Comic Pack, this time originating from the Star Wars: Empire series. It's Luke's childhood friend Tank, who is now a full-fledged Imperial Lieutenant! The character he comes packed with is also interesting, but we'll save that little tidbit for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...t_1_106892.asp

Over in the Comic Packs, we learned that they'll continue into 2008 with new characters from both the Marvel and Dark Horse comic books. Seems that EVERYONE loves the Star Wars: Legacy series (not just at Hasbro either), and we'll see more than one set based on that series. While we can't name names, we'll give a tiny hint: one set will include 2 similar characters, one of which we've seen before...in a matter of speaking.

Another really popular comic is the Star Wars: Purge one-shot, which has already provided inspiration for Commander Bow and a 2-pack of Bultar Swan & Koffi Arana...but there's at least one more set in the works, and this one includes Tsui Choi...no info on which character (or characters, since he is tiny!) he'll come packaged with.

Our final spy report (for tonight, anyway....more on that in a moment) is another Comic Pack, this time originating from the Star Wars: Empire series. It's Luke's childhood friend Tank, who is now a full-fledged Imperial Lieutenant! The character he comes packed with is also interesting, but we'll save that little tidbit for next time.
    I'm sorry, I scanned that article and after reading about a Lumat & Female Ewok with Wokling 2-pack, a rereleased B-Wing with human pilot, and possible AT-TE, all thoughts of comic 2-packs just flew from my mind.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

So now it's Graak in the two-pack? What the hell ever, Lumat and Graak look exactly alike. They're probably just going to reissue it and call it something different.

In today's Q&A they said they won't be doing any more Purge figures, so one of these things is wrong.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'm sorry, I scanned that article and after reading about a Lumat & Female Ewok with Wokling 2-pack, a rereleased B-Wing with human pilot, and possible AT-TE, all thoughts of comic 2-packs just flew from my mind.
    Yeah - I read AT-TE...and the rest was a blurr too...
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Curto said in the forums he just included the Purge part because that's where he remebered Tsui Choi from, so it's him from another of his comic appearances.

This news is wonderful!

Tsui Choi also appeared in Jedi Council: Acts of War - a prequel to The Phantom Menace in the comics.

The war-like Yinchorri (yup - the same from the Crimson Guard training grounds on Yinchorr in Crimson Empire where Kir Kanos got his scar 25 years or more later) were too primative to be controlled by Jedi mindtricks. Darth Sidious (then still SENATOR Palpatine) hatched a plan to use the Jedi to wipe them out.

He saw to it that advanced ships and technology fell into the hands of the Yinchorri and bribed them with it to attack the Jedi Temple in retribution for the Jedi containing their piracy. 3 Jedi teams were dispatched in Republic cruisers to control the situation as combat escalated:

Mace Windu
    SaeSee Tiin
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (apprentice)

Micah Giett (killed in action - Ki Adi Mundi gained his council seat)
    Plo Koon
    Lilit TwoSeas (blonde female human Jedi Master killed in action)
    K'Kruhk (apprenticed to TwoSeas at this time)

Adi Gallia
    Eeth Koth
    Tsui Choi
    an apprentice the same species as Graxxol in "Watto's Box Seats" - killed in action

Vilmahr "Villie" Grahrk served as an intermediary between the Yinchorri and Darth Sidious and Darth Maul at this time - never meeting them in person, but being paid a bounty hunter's fee for setting everything up. Villie wound up captured by Adi Gallia and he sold out his cousin, another Devaronian, to Mace Windu. Somehow Villie got out of it.

I'm sure an issue of Jedi Council: Acts of War could be included with a Tsui Choi figure in a 2-pack. The other figure might be his apprentice that was killed because it presents Hasbro an opportunity to reuse that giant mold of a figure from Watto's Box Seats. K'Kruhk would also be interesting and possible, since they have a Whipid mold already - but his braids might require a new headsculpt and his hands remolding so he can hold a lightsaber. K'Kruhk survived the Clone Wars and was not killed during the execution of Order 66. Whipids live an extraordinary long life like Wookiees it's been learned, and K'Kruhk is alive and featured in the current Legacy comic series - which does beg the question of where was he during Luke Skywalker's restoration of the Jedi Order?

Lillit TwoSeas and Micah Giett would both be more boring choices as they are each humans, but Hasbro has plenty of human Jedi body sculpts lying around.

A final option would be a Yinchorri Warrior. These guys are kind of like fat-nosed Velociraptors. I was once considering a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle enemy figure to stand in for the Yinchorri, but the idea didn't appeal to me that much. In the comic there are armies of these guys almost as thick as the Yuuzhan Vong attacks in later stories set in Star Wars' future. It would be better for those of us looking at making dioramas to single-card any Yinchorri figure - but it would nevertheless be an all-new mold.

People might buy multiples of this pack to use Tsui Choi figures in the podrace audience as the species was seen there during Episode One as well. Removeable Jedi garb would then be a plus.

I just put a lot of thought into this. Please submit my nomination to the professional procrastinators' wasted time awards. I want to win my naptime break.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I really hope to see a K'Kruhk in the comic packs line especially as he was an abandoned custom figure project of mine.

so 'if' these reports have any truth it would mean we get:

Luke as Lt. Jundland and Lt. Deena Shann.

A corresponding pack with Janek 'Tank' Sunber and possibly Jorin Sol or maybe just a trooper..? maybe Lt. Clynn who Tank has a mini conflict with over the abuse of a female prisoner.

Then there's Mouse (Duros) and Able (human) in stormtrooper disguise.

A nifty way to increase the quota of imperials and as Deena Shann uses the same scupt as Juno Eclipse from the force unleashed assortment it's fair to assume that the male imperials will also share a sculpt.
    I'll like this theme if it pans out. Can always do with more Imperial officers.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. DADDYPANTS View Post
    Can always do with more Imperial officers.
    How about Admiral / Grand Admiral Palleon then? (short, mustached, reminiscient of Admiral Ozzel if anyone)

What about Ysanne Isard for an important Imperial female? She's the head of the whole Imperial Intelligence Agency.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

But they don't fit into the story frame hasbro seems to be using. I.E. the planet Jabiim battle prisoners rescue on Kalist VI

thing is the spy report said the pack in with Tank was 'interesting' now that to me sounded like a deliberate understatement. which is what drew me towards Lt. Clynn. Seeing as he's a dodgey character.

if you mean in a general sense then yeah there's loads of Imperials that could be shoved in comic packs but probably won't because I'm betting the comic packs won't last beyond 2008. If I was making the decision on choices for comic packs I'd probably do Thrawn.yes he's been done before but the figure was severely lacking and really short. I repainted mine giving him a grey uniform and and more human fleshtone. He looks really dumb alongside the recent Imperial officers. Kinda like Admiral Ozzel does.

Mostly I'd just keep adding Imperial officers into the basic figure mix though. There's still loads of movie characters I'd do before going too far into the EU for them.