Jerba. Beast of burden.

was thinking about cantina patrons and how there's still loads left to do blah blah blah.
    How about doing a Yoda with Kybuck sort of deal with Rycar Ryjerd? Tiny figure and pair him with one of the Jerbas from outside the cantina. (stephen hayford did some really nice custom Jerbas and I think he still has a gallery over at Rebelscum Custom Aliiance)

yeah I know it's a long shot but there again so are so many of these cantina patrons. I just thought as the Jerba is such a small beast, and there's not that much chance of getting the Void Spider craft from outside the cantina the Jerba might be cool.

It wouldn't need much articulation besides swivel shoulder and hips sameas the Eopie. maybe a ball joint head mabe just a swivel head. give it removable panniers and saddle perhaps. so it has some play in it. And Rycar wouldn't need much articulation either. hips and knees, shoulders and swivel elbows. swivel head. Give him a gun or a vibro riding crop/whip. maybe both.

maybe do both rycar ryjerd and the other small character seen faffing around by the Void Spider vehicle. yes that little goggled dude can be seen in the movie right after luke shoos away the filthy jawa. and being that height it's a safe bet that both Rycar and the goggled dude have something to do with each other. like maybe the goggled dude is rycar's chauffer or something.

I'm not saying this is terribly important, just a nice idea to get a diddy cantina patron and a small beasty out somehow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rycar ryjerd.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	15598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jerba.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	15599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8_bg.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	15600  

Isn't that "Little Flash Gordon" from the cut scene? There's even a shot of that cutscene 2nd from the left in your 1st pic.

The beasty there seems too big for a carded figure if we take that dewback and ship into account for scale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

yup same dude.

I was realy just toying around with the idea more than the practicalities. I'm wonderig how they'll pack Kybuck with yoda. that's going to stretch the blister somewhat.
    the Jerba just looks like a furry cow to me. with camel feet. with the saddle removed and packed diagonally it could possibly fit in the same size blister as Luke with vaporator. maybe even if the scale was slightly cheated.

was just an idea. something different. *shrug*

Well, Hasbro's been saying in the Q&As that after this year that larger environment-type budget-buster thing on the basic figures is over, so I think we'd have to come up with other methods of getting that sort of thing out there.

Maybe a $20 box set that fits with the "Starfighter" case style, the Jerba could come with that weird hopper vehicle it's seen next to and a re-release of the Dewback. Dang, that'd make for a really nice window box set! Too bad they didn't think of it for '07, it would have made another cool 30th anniversary set.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Before this thread I never even noticed a jerba and I've seen the movie countless times!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, Hasbro's been saying in the Q&As that after this year that larger environment-type budget-buster thing on the basic figures is over, so I think we'd have to come up with other methods of getting that sort of thing out there.

Maybe a $20 box set that fits with the "Starfighter" case style, the Jerba could come with that weird hopper vehicle it's seen next to and a re-release of the Dewback. Dang, that'd make for a really nice window box set! Too bad they didn't think of it for '07, it would have made another cool 30th anniversary set.
    Hmm, how about a Tatooine beasts of burden set:
    Jerba
    Ronto
    Dewback*
    Eopie

With one completely new in the Jerba and the Eopie never being released in the states, I'd think that would be a decent seller. Throw in 4 Jawas for good measure.

It's been long enough since the Dewback and Ronto were released so I can see Hasbro doing this.

The Eopie alone would be worth it for many people. The Jerba would send it over the top I think.

*If that were too many beasts in one pack then pull out the Dewback as I can easily see the rest being Jawa beasts of burden.

This is a set that would easily sell for $30-35.

JT can you condense this to be a question in the next batch to Hasbro??
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

I can see the Dewback Eopie and Jerba in a set. however, the Eopie doesn't appear in ANH.
    I suppose a pack with Dewback, Jerba, Sandtrooper and Garouf Lafoe (Imperial snitch) could work. To give it some context. then there's at least two items that are re-issues.

the Ronto and Eopie could work as a Mos Espa set. Maybe with a new Pod pilot Anakin that has a removable helmet and a decent Qui-Gon.

Here's the thing, if it has a vehicle it's more likely to get made, if it's in a scene with both a dewback and that vehicle it's a lot more likely to get made, but if we throw in a bunch more stuff, it's not going to stay a $20 set. Putting the lame Ronto into a set with the Dewback is right there $20-$30, just those 2 pieces. The Eopie, Dewback, and Ronto were all about $15 toys for their time, counting their pack-ins as $5. We can kinda fudge it a little since the tooling on those has already been completed, but not all 3 at once PLUS a new mold, you'd be looking at $40 easy if it weren't an exclusive and $50 if it were. And Hasbro seems to feel beasties are not popular enough with the main market, so it's even less likely they want to do it. Then you toss in some basic figures and basically you're looking at a huge box that's probably $75.

ok, so if the Jerba came with the small void spider vehicle or even better the A1 floater with all the nifty psuedo cannon pipes on the side would you have a figure with it or just sell it as the two items? How would you market it? 'Cantina parking lot' or 'Cantina transports'.

I think i'd want a figure with the set. the Jawa with the Ronto was what enticed me to buy that. I could probaly go for a re-release of the commtech jawa with soft goods lower robe. That way you could either have your Jawa sacked out outisde your cantina or riding the Jerba. it's a partial re-use and fits sort of into the basic gist of the set. It's not exciting but there again the set would only really appeal to completists and diorama builders. Though the A1 floater with a side missile firer could add play value.

but given that it's hasbro I would imagine a set of Luke's speeder with the Jerba and one more Luke Tatooine is most likely. and if we're lucky the soft goods lower robe 'speeder fondling' Jawa instead of Luke.

I guess I like to think grand with these ideas at first because you can always then shave bits off and simplify. work downwards rather than think small first. what i'd like to see creeping to what's possible. and I appreciate your input. I'm not very good with numbers so finance considerations are neat to have.

ok, so if the Jerba came with the small void spider vehicle or even better the A1 floater with all the nifty psuedo cannon pipes on the side would you have a figure with it or just sell it as the two items?
    A figure might get the completist interest better, and supposedly casual collectors are more enticed by pack-in figs, but I hate pack-in figs, they're generally sub-par quality and take the place of better toys or raise the set's price - and I think collectors both hardcore and casual have gotten wise to this.

I'd prefer to go with a pack that had the Jerba and either vehicle together, I don't think the Jerba or the weird vehicles by themselves would sell very well.

"Cantina Parking Lot" is pretty funny, but I think your "Transports" or "Cantina Street" is more likely. Of course, I don't like to worry much about the name, if we come up with a good name, it makes it less likely for Hasbro to make the set because their legal department will be concerned we might sue over it.

A set with the Saga Luke Landspeeder with the Jerba would probably make more sense than a Jerba with a second new piece such as either vehicle, that Landspeeder saw only limited release. I don't think a Luke would make sense there though, he's in the scene with Obi-Wan and the droids, so I think they'd need 2 Jawas harassing the landspeeder or something.

I prefer to build up because I don't like to see folks have to slap down their expectations.