Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    I just found out about this yesterday from a colleague at work. I hadn't heard of it and am surprised at how little media attention this is getting. Just today my paper had an article on the mission with "Fearless Felix". This is extraordinary:

http://www.redbullstratos.com/the-mi...s-the-mission/
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Felix was successful...if anyone cares.

And, on the 65th anniversary of Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier.
    When CNN had the shots of him in that field after his landing, with the choppers and vehicles heading towards him, I kept thinking of the ending scene of Se7en.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Felix was successful...if anyone cares.
    Watched it live as it was happening on the website earlier today. Just finished watching the live press conference on the website a few minutes ago.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Interesting news revealed by the local media last night. Seem Felix & Co. spent the past four years in the SW corner of my little county preparing for the momentous jump using this local facility:

http://www.skydivetaft.com/

Cool to know we have space doin's not only in the SE corner of my county (Mojave Space Port and Edwards AFB) but now the west side, too!

You guys have a Star Wars corner?!? Sweet! I gotta check that out!

The shot of the jump that gets me each time is just before he "walks off" the ladder. All my fears of open heights at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    You guys have a Star Wars corner?!? Sweet! I gotta check that out!
    I have several of those in my house. You're welcome to come see them!

I'm sorry but I'm not impressed by a guy who fell 20 miles or whatever it was. Yeah it took guts and hadn't been done but I just don't "get it."

In my neck of the woods there was a metor shower last night....that I didn't see.

Good to see I'm not the only person to think that way. He needs to do it without a spacesuit if he wants my respect.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think he did it to prove, that if there's an emergency that involves a split-second decision to jump from a damaged craft that high up, as long as you have months and months of preparation and the right suit on at that exact moment, you will be fine. Still, Guiness has got to put his Loudest Sound Barrier-Breaking Fart in the record books. Was it brave? Maybe. Is it impressive? I think so. Would I have done it? I'll let Vader do it