Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    What would happen if we all farted in that general direction at that same time?
    What do you mean, "we all?"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil
    What do you mean, "we all?"
    we = collective pronoun, in first person, i.e. oneself including at least one other
    all = including everyone or everything
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7
    I dunno. What?
    Well, an open flame, sophomoric games involving bodily emissions, a semi-subtle reference to a British-style comedy film, spoken in a poor French accent. Clearer now?

BTW, I completely forgot about this and was indoors at the time. I saw nothing, NOTHING!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I think he might to have say "What would happen if all of us farted in that general direction at that same time?" But I could be wrong, I'm not real fluent in Southern.

Ok all joking aside, I've really been in enjoying Jupiter for the past couple of weeks (on clear nights of course). It's about dead south in Sagittarius just after sunset and is the brights thing in the sky at that point. Now I find this to be great. Sagittarius is one of those constellations I have trouble identifying. This despite the fact that I seem to date girls who are Sagittarius and feel like an idiot when I can't point it sky in the night sky.

And now for something completely different. NASA has a new Gamma-Ray observatory, Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope (formally known as GLAST, Gamma-Ray Large Area Space Telescope). Late last month NASA released this picture of the Gamma-Ray sky. As I really like high energy astrophysics, I thought I should share.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Attention SoCal SSGers!

For the SoCal SSG group:

The International Space Station will be tracking from the Western Horizon to the Northeast this evening (7-7-09) around 9:35PM.

Skies should be cooperating very well tonight. Go out 15-20 minutes early to get your eye adjusted, and then search for that fast-moving white dot in the sky!

For the LA/San Diego clan, the track may be a bit more to the NW. At any rate, check it out!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Might have to look for that if I can remember. Not too far east of you.

Hey how about those two rockets they fired at the moon. Is it going to break in half and we have to move underground and become Morloks?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

http://gizmodo.com/5309453/nasa-to-t...iracy-theories

NASA has decided that while they're up there taking pics of the moon anyways, they may as well take some shots at conspiracy theorists and capture some pics of the Apollo sites. I find this to be quite awesome, and makes me wish I still talked to a friend I once had that was one of the blind dingbats that believed the entire thing was a hoax. Unfortunately, it wasn't the only sign of idiocy from her, and thus I haven't talked to her in quite awhile. Oh well, at least the pics should be still pretty fascinating to see.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Much like that article said though you'll have people scrambling to think up some other excuses on how NASA faked these photos as well.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

What they are really doing is checking out the Nazi base on the dark side of the moon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxToj33K8lw
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Much like that article said though you'll have people scrambling to think up some other excuses on how NASA faked these photos as well.
    In this age of digital technology, these nuts won't believe the photos are real.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

And now, back to the ISS:

I was able to see it's trajectory from horizon to horizon this time. This was the longest pass of any orbiting object I've ever seen! Usually the skies are problematic, but this time the skies were extremely clear.

It swung a lot further to the north than the northeast than I had expected which seemed to make it's travel seem longer.

Did anyone else see it?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!