ToyFair press release

Hasbro continues to lead the toy industry with the hottest licensed entertainment properties, including:

STAR WARS: The legendary saga continues when Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones hits the screen on May 16, 2002. Just as it has since Star Wars debuted 25 years ago, Hasbro's Star Wars line is designed to ignite the imaginations of kids and fans everywhere, putting "The Force" right in their hands. On April 23rd, retailers nationwide will introduce Hasbro's exclusive Attack of the Clones product line. Action figures and vehicles equipped with innovative features, and games from hand-held to trading card games are only the beginning of a universe that lets every fan young and old re-live the experience again and again.
    this is from the press release relating to the ToyFair stuff they'll be showing. I just had to laugh at the mention of innovative features. So far all I've seen is tired old much used gimmicks and nothing new. Jango's using an old G.I. Joe feature in his electronic backpack. The break apart speeders thing has been used by Hasbro before. Artoo has had the bleepy push the button to activate feature before. And the electronic beasts don't have anything that hasn't been used in either the Jurassic park stuff or the Godzilla stuff. Innovative, Doesn't sound that way does it? Man, you gotta love the press officers who write this stuff. They have better imaginations than the kids the company make the toys for.

What REALLY happens...

They fire last year's press officer for doing such a lousy job at getting people excited over the crap they tried to push on us last season! They hire some new guy who's not familiar with the gimmicks of old and they tell him how they've developed these cool new things and he buys into it... kinda like a lot of collectors who shall remain nameless... Okay, okay... I'm not here to incite the wrath of forum posters, but it seems that a lot of us forget where a lot of this stuff had originated before it was slapped onto a STAR WARS figure. Maybe 3 years from now we will get multiple points of articulation and they'll pass THAT off as "new and innovative".

Yeah... I know... I'm still gonna buy some of this stuff they're pawning off on us... but not ALL of it!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 02-07-2002 at 02:25 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Thumbs down

I think they could have done a better job with the press release. Not much there.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

They are basically telling us what we already know.
    April 23rd for the toys and other merchandise. I think they ought to just quit using their cheesy little sales pitches anyway. They should know Star Wars fans and collectors will buy these (most of us will). All we need is to see some pics and know the day they come out. Please no more BS from you, Hasbro.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed