Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Possible 2008 SW Lego sets?

This was posted on eurobricks, don't know if there's any truth to it?.?. But these sets sound good.

"From the Classic Trilogy there is a Storm Trooper Dropship which is a small set with a label "Build you armies" comes with 2 stormies and Tie Pilot.

From the Prequal Trilogy line the AT-PT. Very nice looking with 2 Clones that appeared to be shocktroopers

From the Clone Wars animated series was Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter. this is a standard episode 2 Jedi Starfighter but is colored similar to his Episode 3 starfighter. (the Grey and Yellow one) very similar to Seasee's starfighter.

The 4th set was from Force Unleashed. It is Darth Vader's Apprentices ship the Rogue Shadow. it looks alot like the IG-2000. comes with Mini Figs of the Apprentice with a large cut/bandaged area in his midsection, a very very battle damaged Vader, and the female Imperial officer (who's name completely escapes me right now.)"

EDIT 2: Here is some more news again !! (thanks to DJSaulTNutz of course!).

There will also be a Grievous model that when assembled is about 12 inches high, and potentiall with a real cloth cape included....I have seen this model myself and it is really fantastic. It will be one of the UCS models for next year.

EDIT 1: Here's some more news (thanks to DJSaulTNutz of course!).

The two new battlepacks other than the Stormie battlepack will be:

Hoth Battlepack - Contents unknown, but NO Taun Taun

Droid Battlepack - 4 battle droids, 2 super battle droids, a dwarf spider droid and a hailfire droid!

Everything sound great, but I'm hoping Anakins CW JF is the Azure Angel, seen in the cartoon. And not another Ep2 yellow and grey one. I'm really hoping that the Rogue Shadow is true, I really like this ship, and am dying for the game.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

YUCK! With the exception of the Hoth and Stormtrooper battlepacks those sound like terrible sets. I'll reserve a real judgment until I see real photos of such sets from Lego.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

If true, i'd be interested in the Dropship and the Hoth and Droid packs. I guess i'll hold off on getting anymore of the current droid packs as this second version with the spider and hailfire droids is much better.

Ok. some new info. Set numbers and prices. And from what I understand the new Ani JSF isn't from the cartoon, but something new from the upcoming CGI Clone Wars series.

And it IS NOT a AT-PT, but a AT-AP, from ROTS. Maybe with a Blue Alien Jedi Let's hope.

7669 Anakin's Fighter $19.99
    7670 Hail-fire Droid $19.99 (includes tan battle droids, dark gray super battle droids, spider droid)
    7671 AT-AP Podwalker $39.99
    7672 Rogue Shadow $49.99 (3 figs from the EU, very cool)

I'm not sure how they'll improve on the original Hailfire Droid, especially since this new one costs less than half the price of it's predecessor.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

The first Hail-fire wasn't sold as part of the system sets, I think it was a technic set. Although it is pretty close to scale with the mini-figs.

That's correct. The Hailfire Droid was Technic set. I've always thought it was too big to be on the same scale as Lego mini-figures. It looked closer to 3 3/4" scale figures to me. But maybe I need to watch AOTC again to grasp the size of the thing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

LS is right, it's like triple the size it'd need to be to work with System guys, and much closer to Hasbro's figure scale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dude! Rebel Troopers! That's pretty wild. Those are all nifty lookin' sets, hard to believe how many of these were called 3 months ago.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.