Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bobafrett gets engaged June 22nd, 2007

Yes sir, I got engaged to my girlfriend of 9 months. I had planned this out for 2 months, and was going to go up on the "Relay Idol" stage at this years "Relay for Life" in Normal Illinois. I had made arrangements with the DJ to be able to tell the story of how me and my now Fiance met, then sing the Rascall Flatt's version of "Bless the broken road" karoke style, then get down on my knee and propose to her.

Well, needless to say, things did not work out quite the way I had planned. Just 45 minutes before the stage was to open for the competition, we were asked to pack up as there was a major thunderstorm coming about a half hour away. My team had just set up a tent for me and Robin to rest in, when the relay volunteers came by and told us they were shutting everything down. I was standing next to Robin, and I said "I hope this doesn't put a jinx on anything", and I proceeded to tell my fellow team members about the story of how Robin and I met. Then I got to one knee, and proposed. She was suprised and happy, and said "Yes".

Then the lightening and thunder started coming, and we made a hasty teardown of the camp, and were able to get my car loaded just before the rain came pouring down.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Congrats, sir! Way to go out and earn, Son.

Did you give her a japor snippet instead of a ring ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Congrats, sir! Way to go out and earn, Son.

Did you give her a japor snippet instead of a ring ?

She isn't into Star Wars as much as I am. In fact she has already nixed the idea of my dressing in my Stormtrooper armor for our wedding. I doubt she would understand the meaning behind the japor snippet, let alone have to explain it to her family.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    In fact she has already nixed the idea of my dressing in my Stormtrooper armor for our wedding.
    But she didn't say anything about dressing as the world's tallest jawa. I say go for it.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

AWESOME!!! Congrats Frett!!!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Congrats, sucker!

Just kidding! Way to go!
    We're all invited, right?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    We're all invited, right?

Only if you bring the next 6 waves of Star Wars figures! I doubt I will have much money left if I need to be saving for the wedding.

Congrats, Frett! So if the Stormtrooper armor is for the wedding, is the Tusken Raider for the honeymoon?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Congrats buddy! Just started planning ours, good luck with that
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car