Movie Critic Joel Seigle dies at 63

Always watched him on the nightly news growing up. RIP Joel

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3324632&page=1
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

He was a familiar, and bushy, face for me, though I wouldn't say he resonated too much with me. He's one of those guys I saw all the time, but you almost take for granted as an accomplished critic. An obvious nice guy.

Sad, 63 isn't very old.
    Galactic Barn Burner

As crazy as he was for walking out of "Clerks II", he still had good taste in movies. He's probably sitting with Gene Siskel in that big screening room in the sky. RIP Joel.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    As crazy as he was for walking out of "Clerks II", he still had good taste in movies.
    Why does that show bad taste? I wish I'd walked out on that turd. And I love every other Kevin Smith film I've seen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Why does that show bad taste? I wish I'd walked out on that turd. And I love every other Kevin Smith film I've seen.
    How can you be a Kevin Smith fan and not love Clerks II?

It was two hours of trying way too hard to recapture the success of Clerks, incorporating a lot of jokes that would've worked in the animated series but were just stupid in live action.

And, well, after seeing the guy can direct an awesome movie without resorting to f***ing Jay and Silent Bob, this seemed a serious step backwards. Say you're retiring the two AND ACTUALLY DO IT! They're funny for a movie or two. After six, it's getting to be a bit of a crutch.

Oh, and the guys who "played" Dante and Randal? Fine for an indie flick with a $30 budget. Funny as a cameo in a later movie. Carrying a whole movie with real actors like Rosario Dawson? Not as fine. They should've used their royalties to pay for some acting lessons.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I used to see Joel on Good Morning America before I had to be at work before it even came on. He was always interesting to watch and listen too, though I rarely let a critics views sway me from seeing a movie or not.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Oh, and the guys who "played" Dante and Randal? Fine for an indie flick with a $30 budget. Funny as a cameo in a later movie. Carrying a whole movie with real actors like Rosario Dawson? Not as fine. They should've used their royalties to pay for some acting lessons.
    Say what you will about Dante, but Randal held his own, and even stole the movie at times.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I rarely let a critics views sway me from seeing a movie or not.
    Same here, but Joel was one of the few critics (along with Roger Ebert) who have been fairly accurate with their reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    How can you be a Kevin Smith fan and not love Clerks II?
    The same way you can be a Batman fan and not love George Clooney, Katie Holms (Cruise), Joel Schumaker or the new Batpod/motorcycle...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.