Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Day

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Yep, Canadians are the only group to measure the length of drives in the number of beers one can drink on the way. "How far is it?" "Oh, 4 or 5 beers."
    That's freakin' classic, sir. Spoken like a true Canadian!

I myself despise Bud Light. I think it is absolutely tasteless and always seems flat. I will drink Miller Lite on occasion, but only because that's the only type of beer Mrs. Solo can tolerate. I'm a true Molson Canadian fan through and through. I'm a huge fan of Hobgoblin, but that stuff's imported from Jargo's neck of the woods and can be pricey (~$12 USD/6pack). Luckily, living in Michigan affords me the luxury of two of the best microbreweries in the nation: Bells and The Michigan Beer Company, which both turn out top shelf suds at reasonable prices (~$8-$9 USD/6pack).
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Thanks for all the fine wishes- it is pretty darn Canadian here right now, moreso than usual....
    If anything really exciting happens, I'll be sure to snap a pic, but I have a feeling it's gonna be a pretty low-key day overall, BBQ on every deck or patio and beautiful sunny weather, truly an excellent day Iso & Baws

Hopefully JJ's plan is workin out good
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    I myself despise Bud Light. I think it is absolutely tasteless and always seems flat.
    Since when? Besides Molson, that is the only beer I've ever seen you drink on a regular basis.

Canada invented toast.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Canada invented toast.
    French-Canadian toast?

Today's the big day! Don't forget to report in, O Canadians, when the revelry is over! We want to hear every detail on the festivities!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Just got back from the fireworks, we had a very nice (if very family oriented) Canada Day this year. Traveled to London to visit my folks - including my younger brother who came up from Minnesota (with some SW stuff for ol' JJ!) with his girlfriend - then came back after supper and a little baseball watching (sadly no Tigers, but we saw the Jays lose in the last of the 9th to Seattle). By the time we got home, it was straight down to the park for the fireworks - a fairly short show. Now we're back, and the kids are wiped. To finish it off, I'm planning on watching the first episode of John from Cincinatti, to see if I want to get involved in it or not.

EDITED: Canada Day is also another big day on the NHL schedule as free-agent signings can begin in earnest. Too many big name players signed with new teams today - I can only suggest checking out a sports site to get the latest (the Wings lost Mathieu Schneider to the Ducks, but signed Brian Rafalski from the Devils for the next 5 years - so we come out ahead in my books).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    July 1st is fast approaching.....

.....so, what's on the agenda besides nachos and Molson?
    They all drive down here.

As I was going into Target today, I heard a woman talking on her cell phone saying, "You don't know how much you owe me for going to Costco on a Canadian and American holiday." She kept repeating how much this person owed her. I went to Costco after that, but only bought some juice and was lucky enough to get through a newly opened line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Since when? Besides Molson, that is the only beer I've ever seen you drink on a regular basis.
    That's only because that's all the Deuce serves.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    They all drive down here.
    I can see that. Our money's worth more of yours right now than it has been for 30 years - Canuckleheads are going to be doing lots of x-border shopping.

Enjoy us while it lasts!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The scary thing with us....We look JUST LIKE AMERICANS!

Mwaa haa haa
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy