Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Day

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    oh you young nations and your frolicks.
    The UK is the bitter old man on the block who yells at us to get off of his lawn.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

damn right. well usually it's those damned Australians from two blocks down. with their flipflops and tinnies and hippy hair. They'll never amount to anything. mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    The UK is the bitter old man on the block who yells at us to get off of his lawn.
    Understatement of the year.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

We have ways of making your pronounce the letter "U."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Now now. run along and play nicely. and if you're very good, we might forgive you boys for the baby boom during World War II.

Thanks guys - I took Monday off - so I had a four day weekend. Took the kids to the Canada Day parade - enjoyed the sun, the beer and the free time. I've got quite the farmer's tan this AM.

Wow...10 years ago, that would have read considerably different....
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Now now. run along and play nicely. and if you're very good, we might forgive you boys for the baby boom during World War II.
    I thought we made up for that on D-Day? We were sticking our wieners in German asses while Monty decided it was a good time to stop for a spot of tea.

Actually Monty was more likely shoving his weiner somewhere.

Actually Monty was more likely shoving his weiner somewhere.
    Just for sh*ts and giggles, I looked him up on wikipedia and found quite the contrary to be true:
    "...argued against the legalisation of homosexuality in the United Kingdom, arguing that the Sexual Offences Act 1967 was a "charter for buggery" and that "this sort of thing may be tolerated by the French, but we're British thank God." It is claimed - probably mythically - that he said while addressing the House of Lords "As God said - and I do think very rightly . . ."
    The bolding is mine, since that line is absolutely hilarious.