Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Day

Hybrid View

Canada Day

July 1st is fast approaching.....

.....so, what's on the agenda besides nachos and Molson?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Ha! Nachos... what Canadian likes those?

We're taking our kids to see my parents, then I think we're going down to a public park for some general festivities - live music, maybe some fireworks if they can stay up late enough.

Down in Windsor, Ontario (which borders on Detroit) they have a joint celebration called the Festival of Light - it's a MASSIVE fireworks display that draws people from hundreds of miles around. Try getting a hotel room in either city this weekend!!!

This Canada Day (July 1st) will be our 140th national birthday. Of interest, it is also the anniversary date of the RCMP - our first Prime Minister, John A. MacDonald, instated the Northwest Mounted Police on July 1st 1874. Knowing IS half the battle.....
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Ahhh Canada Day....

On slate for the mabudonicus household, we're hosting a meeting (10 am to 2 pm) of the Ontario (Canadian, really, we have members from almost every province but only the local, largest contingent is comin out) Carnivorous Plants Society. Should be a good time, lots of folks talkin plants, trading plants and generally goofing off

Today, the lead-in to Canada Day- should be having an assembly of some of our "classic" buddies today- we got started yesterday and got a tad overenthusiatic so Ange/Elf is right now trying to put the pieces of her mind back together as we ended up partying with a couple of good friends who had nothing but hard liquor to drink last night.

There should be fireworks at the "Friendship Festival" which happens in the Fort Erie/Buffalo crossing area bewteen here and the US, and a bit more locally a nice display at Port Dalhousie- the original Lake Ontario end of the Welland Canal, which in the mid 1800's joined Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. The current Canal is the fourth incarnation and terminate a couple of mile east of the original. The original also had some 38 locks, whereas the "modern" one only has 8, with locks 1 through 6 being in St.Catharines.

I have no clue what today will bring, but I'm pretty confident that it will turn out to be classic Canadian fun. Canada Day generally brings out the best in many folks tho, so I imagine with the beauty weather this one will be awesome Iso & Baws
    All forumites are invited to our Canada Day fest
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    All forumites are invited to our Canada Day fest
    In turn, you, jj, Brandon and pegger are invited to the States to drink cheap American hooch (i.e. Bud Light), get sh*t-faced and shoot bottle rockets from your posteriors, all in the name of independence. See you guys Wednesday!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Arse rockets eh?? I KNEW we'd forgotten something, thanks for the reminder laddie Iso & Baws

Cappy just invited us to an Independence Day celebration of epic proportions- I should start riding now if I plan on being there
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    In turn, you, jj, Brandon and pegger are invited to the States to drink cheap American hooch (i.e. Bud Light), get sh*t-faced and shoot bottle rockets from your posteriors, all in the name of independence. See you guys Wednesday!
    It is impossible for a real Canadian to get "sh*tfaced* off Bud light. In fact, I think there is a law somewhere that if a Canadian sees a fellow Canadian drinking a bud light - and getting wasted, we are to kick him in the nads, and revoke his citizen forthwith.

We're going to a friends place to, well, drink beer, eat steaks, drink more beer, and camp over night...tomorro.w

Today is my and my wife's 5th Anniversary - we're ditching the kids this afternoon and will return tomorrow...What we are doing, and were we are going - no one else will know....
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by pegger View Post
    It is impossible for a real Canadian to get "sh*tfaced* off Bud light. In fact, I think there is a law somewhere that if a Canadian sees a fellow Canadian drinking a bud light - and getting wasted, we are to kick him in the nads, and revoke his citizen forthwith.

We're going to a friends place to, well, drink beer, eat steaks, drink more beer, and camp over night...tomorro.w

Today is my and my wife's 5th Anniversary - we're ditching the kids this afternoon and will return tomorrow...What we are doing, and were we are going - no one else will know....

, way too funny pegger, I'm still laughing at this ten minutes after reading it. Congrats on the Anniversary bro.

On Another note, thanks CaptainSolo1138 for the invite, we'll be bringing our own beer though & should be sh?tfaced by the time we get there.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    July 1st is fast approaching.....

.....so, what's on the agenda besides nachos and Molson?
    They all drive down here.

As I was going into Target today, I heard a woman talking on her cell phone saying, "You don't know how much you owe me for going to Costco on a Canadian and American holiday." She kept repeating how much this person owed her. I went to Costco after that, but only bought some juice and was lucky enough to get through a newly opened line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    They all drive down here.
    I can see that. Our money's worth more of yours right now than it has been for 30 years - Canuckleheads are going to be doing lots of x-border shopping.

Enjoy us while it lasts!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

The scary thing with us....We look JUST LIKE AMERICANS!

Mwaa haa haa
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy