Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Day

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Your license plates give you away!
    Bah!

You may have won this time.....but we'll be back!
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason View Post
    Just got back from the fireworks, we had a very nice (if very family oriented) Canada Day this year. Traveled to London to visit my folks - including my younger brother who came up from Minnesota (with some SW stuff for ol' JJ!) with his girlfriend - then came back after supper and a little baseball watching (sadly no Tigers, but we saw the Jays lose in the last of the 9th to Seattle). By the time we got home, it was straight down to the park for the fireworks - a fairly short show. Now we're back, and the kids are wiped. To finish it off, I'm planning on watching the first episode of John from Cincinatti, to see if I want to get involved in it or not.
    Yeah, we did pretty much the same thing jjreason, nice & family oriented. We went to the wife's father's place in Sussex, had a BBQ, didn't get any toys but I came close to picking one up for Brandon's birthday. He was with me so it would have ruined it for him. We played basketball at the courts later on & took the kids to the park, afterwards we watched the fireworks. I have to say they were ten time's better than S.J.'s, Sussex folks know how to spread them out & not drop their wad in one shot sort a speak. Finally we got some more junk food & drove home, & arrived at midnight so we all went to bed. (Good times)
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Well, all's we got up to was hosting a meet-up of our Carnivorous Plants club- we had folks fro all over southern Ontario, it was a real good time- the last guest left after 6, then Ange and I just hung around eating snacks and stuff, listened to the local fireworks but since our odggie doesn't much like tham, we mostly had to just make sure the dog was mellow. All in all we had an awesome day, with more to follow Iso & Baws
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    All in all we had an awesome day, with more to follow Iso & Baws
    .....and how did Lanny like Canada Day?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Advice From South of the Border

Well.....tomorrow is the big day!

My advice: be sure to get your "supplies" early before the stores close!

.....and then report back after the 1st on how the celebrations went!

We have inquiring minds, ya know!

Oyes, I am getting things lined up today- I'm on hiatus from business (mostly due to the 4th of july making things idle on thurdsay and friday) and all's I have to accomplish today is securing our stores and uploading some pics, so Canada Day is going to go smoothly- after my failure at the cave last year I have something to make up for- although I managed to get hammered anyways thanks to a large bottle of whiskey that made a fine bargaining tool in my quest for beers...

I will take pics, and maybe some video to share- I snagged some weird Lanny audio the other night but it's a tad to hard to make out
    Iso&Baws

Oyes Canada Day is usually some kind of fun- too bad the guy I usually party with is in jail indefinitely
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Happy Canada Day O Canadian Friends!

Is still possible to "stand on guard for thee" after drinking so much?

Aye! Happy Canada Day to all you crazy Canadians!!! Hope your day is fun!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Happy birthday, Canuckistan!

Is it just a coincidence that Canada Day is the same as the first day of NHL free agency?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.