Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July Hauls

July Hauls

Picked up an opener set of VTSC figures for $25 delivered on E-bay. Also got Rome season one.

Target Titanium Optimus Prime 3 pack
    Softimus Prime plush
    a few packs of the SW pocketmodel TCG

How much are those Pocketmodel sets? The TF ones are $5 which seems overpriced to me.

Transformers Real Gear Zoom Out x25 - kinda "meh", I bought him mainly because I needed a Decepticon. His alt mode is too generic, doesn't look enough like what it's supposed to be, it has the details but not applied in a bold enough manner. Transformation is unremarkable. Bot mode is plain, the shoulders should have slid out laterally on the rings or something because he just seems boring and the arms aren't "there" enough, and his torso has needless kibble on both front and back. He's not bad, but not great.

TF Real Gear Speed Dial 800 - nifty, he's a believable cellphone, his transformation has some clever stuff, and I like his bot mode. The flip part of the phone remains totally unused in bot mode, a big cape and nothing more which is a shame, should have turned into a communications array or a vehicle or something. Still, I heard he wasn't that good yet he has plenty of charm. Not the best, but decent.

TF Movie Starscream - I realized I wanted to check out the transformation on this thing even if I didn't like either mode, and I don't like how the 2 upcoming repaints look in the slightest. Alt mode is fairly swooshable, not as bricky as I thought but kibble under plane is thicker than the plane itself. The arms are totally what doom this figure, it's not movie-accurate and it's a big gimmick that forces everything else to conform to its size. Transformation is clever but require too many wings to move around in a specific manner (the rear stabilizers are the worst for me because they really can't move at most of the transformation). Bot mode is interesting and reminds me a little of G2 Dreadwing, but these chicken legs are stupid and need to go away, and the forearms are pretty lame. Ultimately, it's a unique entry that's sabotaged to mediocrity by a few poor choices.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    How much are those Pocketmodel sets? The TF ones are $5 which seems overpriced to me.
    The SW ones are $5 as well but you can get anywhere from 4-8 ships per pack. Obviously, if you get 8, it means you only have models of the 1 person Fighters (i.e. X-Wing, A-Wing, TIES, Droid Fighters - well in that case, a zero person fighter). The larger ships i got like the Tantive IV, Imperial Shuttle and Venator were done really well and in a way that there's a facade of it being 3-D.

The quality on the styrene seems better than the sample packs i got at CIV as i broke off the tabs on a TIE Fighter while trying to put it together.

Transformers Movie Deluxe Bumblebee and Barricade
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The SW ones are $5 as well but you can get anywhere from 4-8 ships per pack. Obviously, if you get 8, it means you only have models of the 1 person Fighters (i.e. X-Wing, A-Wing, TIES, Droid Fighters - well in that case, a zero person fighter). The larger ships i got like the Tantive IV, Imperial Shuttle and Venator were done really well and in a way that there's a facade of it being 3-D.
    Yeah, I'd prefer the larger ships. They all I think did a good job looking like 3-D, my only concern was the pricepoint and that they're recycling a small number of ships over and over and over in the first wave (and that I'll end up with an army of X-wings and Droid Fighters ).

The quality on the styrene seems better than the sample packs i got at CIV as i broke off the tabs on a TIE Fighter while trying to put it together.
    I didn't have any trouble with breakage on the set I found at CIV (someone dumped it in a planter and I happened to look down and see it)

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    Transformers Movie Deluxe Bumblebee and Barricade
    WM 2-pack version or just individually?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Battlestar Galactica Titanium "Scar" Cylon Raider
    Quinlan and Villie 2 Pack
    Jawa and LIN droid
    SAW Viper
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    WM 2-pack version or just individually?
    WM 2-pack. Saved me a couple bucks.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I got an extra Burger King Ironhide for customizing purposes and I got in trade in the mail, two SW Weekend Cantina Band Members.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous View Post
    WM 2-pack. Saved me a couple bucks.
    Killer, good job.