Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Battlestar Galactica & Buck Rogers 25th Century Toy Lines

Are there other Star Wars fans who were also fans of other Sci-Fi shows like the Classic Battle Star Galactica TV show and
    Buck Rogers in the 25th Centruy TV show? Did anyone collect those action figures/toys back in the late 1970's and early 1980's along with Star Wars action figures and toys? If action figures were based on those lines today in the 3 3/4 inch scale of course would any of you buy/collect/support these two lines? Universal Television & Licensing is seeing what the market would be for these items. 2008 would be the 30th anniversary of the original Battle Star Galactica TV Show. Maybe figures would be produced for the 30 anniversary. Just curious to see what the reponse would be. Please post your response. Thank you.

I had the Buck Rogers matchbox-sized die cast starfighter, probably had half a dozen of them over the years - kept losing them and such. I'd buy vehicles and figures to go with, but probably not figures on their own.

I think right now there is a market for BSG classic figures if there were new Vipers and Cylon Raiders to go with them, I can't get enough of the BSG Titanium Series 3" vehicles that are out right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I had the Buck Rogers matchbox-sized die cast starfighter, probably had half a dozen of them over the years - kept losing them and such. I'd buy vehicles and figures to go with, but probably not figures on their own.

I think right now there is a market for BSG classic figures if there were new Vipers and Cylon Raiders to go with them, I can't get enough of the BSG Titanium Series 3" vehicles that are out right now.
    JediTricks thanks for the post. It would be cool to see new Vipers and Cylon Raiders ships for the action figures. Maybe you never know.

I think it would be cool to see new 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' toys. That was one of my all-time favorite TV shows as a kid.

I think Col. Wilma Dearing was responsible for kickstarting puberty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think it would be cool to see new 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' toys. That was one of my all-time favorite TV shows as a kid.

I think Col. Wilma Dearing was responsible for kickstarting puberty for me.
    Pehaps so but I am not sure which show had a bigger fan base but I would have to guess BSG. Toys from both classic tv shows would be awesome. Thanks for the reply. Erin Gray was hot!

As a kid, I had a Viper toy and built a Cylon Raider model kit. I don't think i had any BSG figures though.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    As a kid, I had a Viper toy and built a Cylon Raider model kit. I don't think i had any BSG figures though.
    There were figures. I had the first six - Adama, Starbuck, Daggit, Cylon, Imperious Leader and Ovion. This site says there was a second series of Baltar, Boray, Cylon Commander and Lucifer. I also had a Viper and Cylon Raider that came with small figures like the Star Wars Action Fleet vehicles would later have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    There were figures. I had the first six - Adama, Starbuck, Daggit, Cylon, Imperious Leader and Ovion. This site says there was a second series of Baltar, Boray, Cylon Commander and Lucifer. I also had a Viper and Cylon Raider that came with small figures like the Star Wars Action Fleet vehicles would later have.
    Yes! that's the Viper toy that i had...the mini figure was either Apollo or Starbuck, i forget who exactly.

I always really wanted the figure of Daggit. I think I may have made a cardboard Viper. At some point.

I'd buy decent 3 3/4 scale BSG classic Cylon and Daggit figures i guess if they were really were decent.
    but apart from Twiki I wouldn't touch Buck Rogers.
    It's all about the robots for me.

I have a couple of recent silver Cylon figures that were given to me. one is 3 3/4 scale. think it's a Japanese figure. that's pretty darn cool. And an eight inch chromed one. I wanted the gold chrome variant but haven't found it anywhere yet.

Thanks for the post/reply. Hope more people repond and leave comments. It would be awesome to see these lines re-made. Thanks again.