Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Cloverfield (1/18/08)

Teaser trailer is now online

the rumours are flying around the net and most all point to Cthulhu. but time will tell what exactly will be the "monster" or "destroyer" in this movie. people are analyzing the trailer looking for any clues that may give answers to this upcoming movie. i'm enjoying all the hype so far for the movie, but with no real title or info yet, we'll see if it lives up to it.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I haven't heard the Cthulu rumor.

All I've heard is that it's basically "The Blair Godzilla Project".

A giant monster movie told via the use of handheld cameras.

THANK YOU. I've been waiting for this trailer to show up in apple quality! I loved this trailer to death before TRANSFORMERS and the crowd loved it too. Lots of folks i work with who saw the film were chatting about the movie too. Frankly, I hope I don't find out anything else about the movie cos i'd LOVE to be surprised.

I read that the production name is something like "Cloverfield" but "Inside sources" say it's named THE PARASITE. I don't see this being GODZILLA project as JJ Abrams is far too geeky and good for that. I really think it'll be a mythical creature of some sort. Plus, it's obvious that another Godzilla flick wouldn't be interesting to audiences due to the failure of the Godzilla remake and Godzilla 2000. I'd love the idea of the Cthulu!! I'm uber giddy about it though!!

Also, there are two sites up that are supposed to coincide with the film.
    Ethan Haas was Right.com- http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/ It looks to contain some HP Lovecraft style puzzles, so this would add to the idea of the Cthulu. Also, there is a site saying he was wrong: http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/

Interesting stuff....
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 07-09-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well, I never said it was 'Godzilla'. Just that that's the basic premise. Heh.

Worst trailer I've ever seen. Put a f***ing title on it already.

The trailer was the best part of seeing Transformers.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

And coming from Rocketboy, the relative value of that is...???

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Also, there are two sites up that are supposed to coincide with the film.Ethan Haas was Right.com- http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/ It looks to contain some HP Lovecraft style puzzles, so this would add to the idea of the Cthulu. Also, there is a site saying he was wrong: http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/

Interesting stuff....
    def interesting, but JJ Abrams recently contacted AICN and those sites have nothing to do with the movie. here is the info: JJ Abrams has more hidden sites to find.

the hype continues.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I'm surprised at the January release date...isn't that usually a kiss of death from the studio ?

I heard that the budget was only $30 million. Let's not expect anything big. I don't like that they're promoting it as "Blair Witch Project" meets "Godzilla". Blair Witch sucked and Godzilla '98 sucked. My expectations are pretty low for this. Not to mention we've already seen Cthulu in a movie this year.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	davy_jones.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	15694  
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]