Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

lunch time!...

er, well, 10:00 AM - that was as long as I could stand to wait before checking out the legendary munchables....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ndavedeli2-20011117.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	273.4 KB 
ID:	198  
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

last but not least....

...this one's for you, GSJ.

Thanks a bunch for pointing me in the right direction. I definitely hope I'll be back soon.

- Swafman
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

VT, you've been on me to try my hand at movie reviews...

here's my first real attempt....

from the SSG general discussion thread on Potter...

edited portion submitted to yahoo film reviews section - they only allow 250 words

Any critique from your experienced viewpoint would be appreciated, VT. Anyone else wishing to chime-in on Potter would be great, too!
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Hey - I just saw Harry Potter and I thought that it was great!!!!!

....especially the Quiditch game (parts of it reminded me of the speeder bike chase in ROTJ).

PLUS........

not only did we get the big screen version of the AOTC Forbidden Love trailer but also the FULL trailer for Lord Of The Rings - looks absolutely AMAZING.

BC3

Awesome reviews of your food adventure, and it's good to see Dr Browns in the pic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thanks JT!...

...it was a whirlwind trip there and back, but all that discussion of real food just drove me a bit crazy and I had to get some.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

oh man! do i miss that joint!

my wife ellie, is who turned me on to the 2nd avenue deli originally! the two owners abe(who as you referered to above, was murdered a few years ago), and izzy (now in retirement here in south florida), were both concentration camp survivors of wwII (as is ellie's mom), izzy and ellie's parents were best friends through the years, and every special family get together was always held at the deli! (we used to take over the molly picone room every thanksgiving!). back when ellie and i were still living in nyc, ellie's parents, who spend each summer in a bungalow up in the catskills (you don't get any more real than that!), ellie and i would stop off at the deli early, every summer sunday morning, and izzy would always greet us, with a care package to bring up to the catskills, so that faye and abe (ellie's parents), could make it through the rest of the week! dayum! i needs to make a trip there soon!

sorry to hear about grand dairy, it was like a little slice of 19th century minsk! i guess that leave ratners as being the only decent dairy restaurant left on the lower east side. (delancey street, between norfolk nad suffolk streets).
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

re: "guess that leave ratners..."

D'OH!!!!!!!
    Now I have to go BACK!!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Red face re the last couple Baker's Dozen posts on this thred, i am sorely tempted. .

. . .to quote klingon attorney ch'pok (ron canada)'s remarks to a digressing quark in ds9's "rules of engagement": "can we get back to the subject Please?" but not before putting this question to swaffy: do you dent that, while the noshtalk here on the mm board inspired you to drive 600 miles (geez, tawk aboot takin guiliani literally ) you Didn't think to set up an mm or af centerpiece on your 2nd ave table?
    borscht: i've had it once, and that'll do
    celeb sighting: i Think i saw gary hart at fs once. not sure, didn't really look; it's not the people i go there to look at
    "great american food and beverage experience"? "Professor P.J. Cornucopia's Fantastic Foodmagorium and Great American Steakery"? sounds pretty diagonal wood 2me what's marmie?
    matzo's them bland dumplin things, right? i'm a salt addict but i don't like matzo any more than wonton, which looks like it's already been eaten
    guess what, i've also deigned there is also food fashion. for example, the right time to eat red-sauce pasta is a cold evening. fruit juice, gyros, sammiches or salads? sunny lunch. coffee, soup or chorizo burrito? cloudy. beef (ground, Never shredded beef) burrito? sunny. most fast food? clear sunsets. curry (& all indian food)? gauzy, warm afternoons. sushi? clear, day or night.
    a critique of a critique, swaffy? why not? rather enjoyed it, esp. considering i'm not ezactly in a hurry to partake of its subject matter of course, your in-depth analysis is (like yer 120-minute mixtape ) too long for a standard Humpin
    "yoda looks like a wonton and talks like a fortune cookie" -from pauline kael's favorable 1980 esb review
    it ain't just between memorial day & labor day when white's in fashion:
    -tyderium
    -controlfreak
    -captyacht
    -buckyroj
    -outrider (sote paintscheme)
    -betty (thanx jt)
    -q5's holo ds
    vt
    np: mr. fingers, "a corner called jazz"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 11-21-2001 at 12:10 AM.

You forgot Kirk's ol' TOS Enterprise, Botany Bay, Voyager shuttle and Berman shuttle.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"