Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Lightbulb 1st report of The Palindrome Year

the newyears vibe lingers; the calendar change seems to have triggered an autoreverse moebius loop, which makes re-watching a few flix uncharacteristically rewarding; personally i found His Girl Friday (punchy, cynical, hilarious 1940 howard hawks/cary grant quipfest), Someone To Watch Over Me (w/gorgeous ridley scott atmosphere & andreas "romulan tomolak" katsulas as the heavy) and Star Trek Generations (w/picard's xmas nexus fantasy) hit the spot :happy: thus, just as 2002 spells the same backids as forwids, in looking forward to this report we look back to & basically mount a continuation of the previous:
    br deckard ground car
    holo ds
    interrodroid
    darkkonanite
    queenship
    b5 crewshuttle
    gonk
    ep1 3po (silver + gold + blue/red/yellow wiring resembling confetti makes this a Poifect newyears bauble, so why didn't i notice Last week?? )
    tie pilot
    vt
    np: nina simone, "i loves you porgy"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 01-02-2002 at 11:35 AM.

Arrow report

i need to put off composing another of my thorough humposts til i know what the final call's gonna be re this issue (feel free to chime in there to xpress support for my position! but Not to xpresss opposition ) so in the meantime i'll get to this a lil early:
    quiet echoes of last fortnight's holiday metallics, but the unmistakable vibe is that we're emergin from solstice's other side. the result's a still-pale, blue/gray palette whose forms foreshadow spring's prickly energy:
    starfury
    z95
    xwing
    greensquad xwing (closed foils)
    alpha xwing
    derelict gigership
    moncal home1
    stinger
    ds1
    vt
    np: ysl's retirement announcement, the face of his longtime muse cath deneuve conspicuously absent
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 01-08-2002 at 01:03 PM.

VT, you surf the SSG forums without the "www." in the URL, or did you just remove them from those links so I couldn't support your complaint? (I clicked it, read the thing, then clicked reply and got a Log In page because I'm cookied for www.sirstevesguide.com, not just sirstevesguide.com)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jt, is there any way of finding out if I am a thread jinx Did I offend someone by bringing Georges Seurat and ****aro into this thread

I hereby name myself Eater of Threads

jeddah

It's not you Jeddah, I've seen many a poster worry about being a thread-killer, it's just a common trend with forums, sometimes a topic simply gets lost. The best thing you can do is post a nice little reminder that the issue exists (summing up what has passed for those who are new is the best way to do this AND remind those who have forgotten).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's not that I want a reply, it's that sometimes I become acutely aware that, scrolling down the list, there are lots of threads where I was the last poster, and when I am feeling a little insecure, I sometimes wonder if I am a "thread killer"

BTW, What season of SITC are you on? CH4 has just started screeing 2 episodes a night of it (season 4). Kim Cattrall was being typically obscene last night trying to seduce a Franciscan monk, and Sarah J Parker (scarecrow) was modelling for Dolce & Gabbana... I wondered if the 11th Sept would have an effect on the WTC figuring in the opening credits, but I guess this season predates the events. As it is set I Manhattan, I wonder how/if they'll deal with this...

jeddah

That would be season zero for me since I don't have HBO, the cable station it airs on here in the US.

speaking (off topic) about seasons of shows on HBO...

...this week I downloaded all 39 episodes of the first three seasons of The Sopranos and have been watching two episodes a night. I've never seen the show before this week. This would probably be more appropriately posted in the "hump" thread, but the six episodes I've seen so far have been absolutely excellent. Everything about the production has been, in my opinion, top-notch. Acting, writing, directing, music - all A+++ stuff. The biggest stand-out, acting wise for me, has been the late Nancy Marchand. WOW! No motion picture actor I've seen in the last few years did more with any fairly small role than the work I've had the privilege to see this week from Nancy Marchand.

I think this program blurs any prejudice or distinction between the quality or artisitc status between television and motion pictures. If I were to have won a best supporting actress Oscar for a role in the year 1999-2000, I'd have to be thinking, "yeah, but the REAL best performance was by Marchand." At least she did win a Golden Globe for the role.

I guess this became a rant. I'll end it here.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Worries about thred killin? now i hurd everythin ;)

swaffy: an eyetalian-amerikin who likes sopranos? camille ain't gonna be too happy w/you (speakin of whom, my guess re her continuing absence is that, following 9-11, she decided to lay off her "frivolous" column to focus on sumthin more enduring, namely long-awaited Vol. 2 of her Sexual Personae.
    jdah: "Did I offend someone by bringing Georges Seurat and ****aro?"
    -i'd say it's more that most people simply don't capeesh you & your highfalutin yapyap hey, i was gettin ready to post in that top ten babes thred but now i can't find it; you didn't kill it with your "sexist" remark didja?
    jt: not sure; i don't type in www, but after i type ssg "http" appears in front. lmk what i can hepp with
    coldest time of year, which means right now i'm much more into watchin flix than cafeslummin. as a result there ain't much occasion for mm fashion. but these look nice while the credits roll:
    ig2000
    scimitar
    commtech stormie (equipped w/tiepilot pistol & potj sandy binocs, the latter courtesy ws )
    vt
    np: moby, "feelin so real" rmxs