Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 24: Season 7

24: Season 7

I figured i'd go ahead and start up a thread for this since there have been a few blurbs about it.

1. James Morrison, who plays Bill Buchanan said on his site that he will not return for a seventh season as the show is moving in a new direction.

2. And this one is pretty crazy: production on the show has been delayed three weeks (into August) as the writers were having trouble as Fox was having issues with the script that required filming in Africa. The writers tried to find places in LA that could sub for Africa, but decided to scrap the entire season thus far. Yikes.

3. And there is a rumor that next season will feature a female president, but I don't know if this is still legit due to the fact that the script was scrapped. We'll see.

source: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Plot/800018254
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I really liked Bill Buchanan and he will be missed, but I can understand him in not returning. I'm interested to see what cast members come back for the 7th season, I'd say it won't be very many (if they are going to really change things up).
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

From USA Today's Pop Candy column, here is the info on "24" for next season:

24. To be honest, I went into the 24 panel with low expectations. Last season was such a major disappointment that I didn't think this would be such a hot event, but the line to get in got so insane that security had to cut it off.

The biggest revelation from executive producers was that there will be no CTU next season. Instead, the show will open with Jack appearing before the Senate in Washington, D.C., where he is "made to answer for what are perceived as his crimes." Chloe will be back, but Audrey won't, since Kim Raver is on another series this year (NBC's Lipstick Jungle).

Executive producer Manny Coto wouldn't reveal if Tony Almeida was still alive: "Tony's alive in our hearts, and that's all that matters. To say anything definitive either way would ruin the process."

It doesn't sound like the writers are considering a 24 prequel that would bring back Nina and the gang either, because, as director Jon Casser said, "Our show lives and dies on who lives and dies."
    How in the hizzy can tony be alive?!?! we'll wait and see though!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

More info on season 7 from CS.net

Jeffrey Nordling has joined the cast of Fox's "24" as a regular.

Additionally, John Billingsley has been added to the cast of the real-time thriller as a recurring next season, when the show will be based in Washington.

On "24," from Imagine TV and 20th Century Fox TV, Nordling will play an FBI agent named Larry. Details on Billingsley's character, Latham, have been kept under wraps.

Other notable new additions to "24" next season include previously cast Cherry Jones as the U.S. president and Colm Feore as her husband.
    also, Jeanane Garaffalo has joined the cast as well, which works as I heard she was pretty solid as she did some drama work on "The West Wing."

Hmmmm.... I don't know. I'm not familiar with Nordling. Not real familiar with Billingsley either, although I did like his work in Out of Time. Cherry Jones, umm yeah.... And Jeanane Garaffalo?!?!? WTF?!?!? I'm not a fan of her at all; she's like Kathy Griffin...yuck...

There is no way I can be optimistic about this season, especially after last season. This could be the last season I watch, and/or start out watching rather.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

First trailer is up now!!! http://videos.24fans.net/uk_trailer/

looks pretty interesting and damned intense; I was shocked who the villian was!! The US trailer hits in about 4 hours, so stay tuned!!

Nice trailer, could be interesting; I did notice Bill Buchanan was in the trailer. I wonder why Tony has gone bad now & how the hell is he still alive when he was killed off in a previous season.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrandon View Post
    Nice trailer, could be interesting; I did notice Bill Buchanan was in the trailer. I wonder why Tony has gone bad now & how the hell is he still alive when he was killed off in a previous season.
    I thought I posted about this at SSG, but I guess I was wrong. We never got a definite that Tony was dead; he never got a silent clock and Jack was never given confirmation/info on his death. We just know whatever Henderson injected him with knocked his a-- out.

I'm guessing Tony has gone rogue due to his bias against a system that he probably believes failed him. That's my guess!

Bad new guys: No 24 this year.

Forget Jack Bauer. The writers' strike means there won't be a new season of "24" in January. The network didn't want to offer an interrupted adventure.

Instead, Fox has unveiled a new schedule for the rest of the season. And it is the most specific plan any network has offered so far. The plan suggests that Fox will be more stable than the competition in coming months. Fox, after all, will offer the Super Bowl on Feb. 3, followed by a new episode of "House" with Oscar-winner Mira Sorvino.

Biggest news: "American Idol" returns Jan. 15 and 16. The network will serve up four hours over those two nights.

Taking the "24" time slot will be "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." This thriller will preview Sunday, Jan. 13. Then it moves to 9 p.m. Mondays, starting the next night.

The writers' strike will mean more reality programming.

"The Moment of Truth," a game show with a lie-detector test and big money, arrives Jan. 23.

"When Women Rule the World," a role-reversal show, debuts March 3.

A new season of "Hell's Kitchen" begins on April 1 -- how do you like that timing?

Fox also will offer new installments of "Cops," "America's Most Wanted," "Don't Foget the Lyrics!" (hosted by Orlando's Wayne Brady) and "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"

New scripted series include:

"New Amsterdam," a drama about an immortal cop, debuting Feb. 22.

"Unhitched," a comedy from the Farrelly Brothers, starting March 2.

"The Return of Jezebel James," a comedy from "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, beginning March 7. The show stars Parker Posey, Lauren Ambrose and Oscar-winner Dianne Wiest.

"Canterbury's Law," a legal thriller with Julianna Marguilies, beginning April 11.

Fox added that it will offer a mix of new episodes and repeats of "House," "Back to You," "'Til Death" and "Bones."

"Prison Break" offer an episode Monday, then returns Jan. 14.

New episodes will continue to air of Fox's animated Sunday comedies.
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...-24-fox-u.html
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, yes and no; no 24 this season as of right now. If the strike gets resolved, we could still see the season. It'd go into late May or June, but it could still happen. God willing.