Letter writing campaign to GG regarding...

This link is a letter writing campaign to GG regarding their inadequate small edition sizes, plethora of exclusives, extremely flawed raffle system, and bad customer service. It is address to LFL.

Please do NOT let the fact that this is a Rebelscum thread deter you. You do NOT need to post there to help in the campaign. Just copy the letter, edit as you wish and mail it to the address provided.

Here's the link:
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...c=1&PHPSESSID=

If GG won't hear us directly then if we can get it through to LFL that one of their licensee is screwing the pooch, maybe just maybe we can get something accomplished here.

-Sal
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 07-12-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    Move along, move along

Honestly, those reasons are exactly why I didn't get into GG in the first place, but I talked to a friend of mine yesterday while he was waiting for GG to put that stuff on sale and I was appalled at how they were treating their customers, made Sideshow look like a cakewalk by comparison. All it seems to do is spur scalping, people buying up preorders of rare figures they don't even want to pay for those they do.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hate to say it, but the best way for the collector community to effect change is to vote with their feet. Anybody who gets GG stuff is either a dealer or a high end collector who I guarantee is a member. It wouldn't be too hard to communicate to all GG collectors the tonic effect of a boycott for a year.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Boycotts are difficult to do in large enough numbers to make it count, and GG might not realize it's a boycott, think it's just greater exclusivity.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's very true! Sadly, that gives them little incentive to do things differently. Exclusives are designed to build hype and whip the fan community into a frenzy, so I dig that, but the raffle thing just stinks.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I think, especially with smaller companies like GG and Sideshow, letter-writing campaigns can be pretty effective because they're small enough that they can't drown it out.

I'm all for a letter campaign to GG. Some effect would be nice. GG is really the worst in Customer Service -and they next to never listen. Talking them them at CIV was like talking into an empty pale.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett