Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OUCH! Hasbro Hong Kong Recalls Early Shipped E2 Cases

Well, we've seen multiple auctions on Ebay from people in the orient selling the E2 figures early for outrageous prices. And now Hasbro orders an immediate recall of all the cases that were accidently shipped out. If the same rules apply as with E1 cases to these, anyone breaking streetdate will be barred from future E2 figure orders for a time decided by Hasbro. I sure would hate to be the people that auctioned these off, when they cant return their cases because they sold them. Ouch!
    Hasbro HK Recalls EP2 Toys
    Mike: In a move aimed to enforce the Lucasfilm imposed street date of April 23rd, Hasbro Hong Kong recalls all Episode 2 toy allocations that have been inadvertently distributed to merchants in that region. The huge guffaw allowed the early leak of AOTC merchandise and the ensuing proliferation of online auctions which clearly violated LFL guidelines. Hasbro HK is paying the tab for the return shipping costs and all merchants are expected to comply.
    That was a post of the news story from from Rebelscum , as well as a link to their front page where you can read the information yourself. This is really gonna cause panic to all those ebayers that broke street date to make some extra bucks.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm sure with the money the made selling them on eBay, they couldn't care less what Hasbro does.

They know that the market for these things won't be as big as E1, so they sell them when they're most valuable. And worry about the reprecussions of Hasbro later.

After the new AOTC stuff hits stores in April, they'll only be worth what you pay at your local TRU. Demand for these are going to be very low, and product is going to be very high. People won't have any trouble getting what they want once these things are out. Its the E1 fiasco all over again.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Well then selling them now would be a good idea if they had them and can't return them, correct?

This is not true. There was no "recall". They simply wanted them back because they were sent out early. It's not manditory, there are no defects in the toys.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Originally posted by SirSteve
    This is not true. There was no "recall". They simply wanted them back because they were sent out early. It's not manditory, there are no defects in the toys.
    Thanks for the update Sir Steve. I just wanted to share the news with all the loyal SSG forum members. It's to bad that it's not manditory. Perhaps then people that broke street date on Ebay would learn. I know with E1 figure sales that anyone caught breaking streetdate would stop getting shipments for a while. Do you know if the same thing is true for E2 figures?

Either way, you just know that anyone not returning cases would be put on file internally at Hasbro. Hasbro and Lucasfilm both don't sound to happy about what occured with the Ebay figure sales, so who knows what will happen next.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I wonder if one of'em is gonna sue Ebay.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by SirSteve
    But if they wanted them back that would count as a recall,althought not everything will be returned
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT
    But if they wanted them back that would count as a recall,althought not everything will be returned
    True, you have a point GNT. I just can't wait to hear if the people that don't return them cause they cashed in on Ebay are forbidden from future orders for a while. Serves them right if they are. Maybe next time they will follow Hasbro and Lucasfilm's rules and not try to make some fast money from people who can't wait.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Come on guys, does it make sense for Hasbro to stop selling/sending product to thier venders? I think not. Hasbro is in it for the $$$ bottom line! This whole thing about street date is asinine. Lucus worries about this crap to much. What he should worry about is the quality of his toys that Hasbro is screwing up. As for E-bay being sued, why! The sellers is responsible for their own listings, not E-bay. One thing I can't believe is the prices that some collectors are willing to pay for these unreleased figures. I mean come on, wait a few months and you will get them for a fraction of what people are paying now. I guess it's one of those things where you have to be the first kid on the block to get the new toy. Ok I'll relax now
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)