Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    R4-D5. No, I paid the normal price, but just buying him makes me ill. Burn in hell R4-D5. Burn.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God. And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti.

Question

Originally posted by DagMarus
    R4-D5. No, I paid the normal price, but just buying him makes me ill. Burn in hell R4-D5. Burn.
    Any issues you need to address, DM? I hate Malakili, but I do not wish for him to suffer enternal torment in the afterworld for the punished. Well, maybe just a little...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

This probably isn't that big a deal to most, but I NEVER buy anything currently available (or theoretically, at least) at retail from anywhere but the regular department and toy stores. I won't even buy from those electronics or comic book shops, with their inflated prices. Anyway, early in my collecting fanaticism, I purchase a RH Darth Vader from a guy at a toy show...for 12 bucks! Yeah, the figure is great and all, and probably worth the $12, but the next day I found one at a Target for $6. D'oh! Never will I pay more than retail for any currently shipping (theoretically shipping) toy again!

...unless, of course, it's really cool looking.

-Bob
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

Since Im from Canada and we have nothing, I pretty well get burned on ever thing I buy. But the biggest waste of money was paying 129.99 for the Bwing(thats canadian dollars). My friend called me from a cell phone and I thought he said 29.99 not 129.99 and I said "Holy S#*%, thats a great deal get me 2" Needless to say when i got the bill for 260 bucks I wasntt o happy. Oh well live and learn. NEVER again though

Back when the EU figures and ships came out there was this guy that I saw every Saturday morning at Target and he would buy as much as he could get his hands on to sell on line. I saw him pick up about 12 EU snow speeders and some hot wheels. About three months later I saw him in the parking lot with a cart full of those same speeders that he couldn't sell so he was returning them back to Target. He saw me and turned his head away real quick, I guess he was embarrassed
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Thumbs down

Like turbowars' last story, I was in a TRU when the first Biker Scout and Speeder Bike came out (1996?), and a "person" had one in his hands. He was talking to others around him that he had something like 6-7 of them already. I innocently said I had none. Now, recall that the purchase had not yet been made, he was simply holding it in the action figure aisle. He offered to sell it to me outside for $10 (retail: $7.99, I think). WHAT?!? I said, no, I'd wait until I found my own at the store's price and walked away. "People" like that give we collectors a bad rep!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Like turbowars' last story, I was in a TRU when the first Biker Scout and Speeder Bike came out (1996?), and a "person" had one in his hands. He was talking to others around him that he had something like 6-7 of them already. I innocently said I had none. Now, recall that the purchase had not yet been made, he was simply holding it in the action figure aisle. He offered to sell it to me outside for $10 (retail: $7.99, I think). WHAT?!? I said, no, I'd wait until I found my own at the store's price and walked away. "People" like that give we collectors a bad rep!
    Yeah, I had a similar experience back then and with the exact same vehicle. Scalpers really sure were braisen back then with stuff weren't they. It's not as bad now, thankfully alot of scalpers moved onto more profitable stuff.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Monkey-Faced-Leia. Why the hell did I want a Monkey-Faced-Leia, and why do I have two?!!!
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Hahahaha I know the feeling. When they first came out I thought it was gonna be just a few guys and that was gonna be it. So I bought a few of each. Now they just look like crap most of em especially Monkey face bow legged leia

I bought a Monkey face Leia for $25 at a booth in the theatre that a comic was allowed to set up for the release of the Special Edition trilogy. It was when I went to see ANH and this was when she was hard to find and I didn't have the net then so I had only seen her on cardbacks and I was searching franticly for her (even though I was only like 9 or 10, hehe) and I saw her and I begged for it, well I was actually able to get it, then a few months later she was showing up in hoards on both Orange and Green card, shoot when I went to Wal-Mart one time they had a basket full for I think clearance but nope... I had bought her for $25.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"