Question Tron Red Light Cycle?

I know this is a Star Wars site, but I just had a question with no where else to look. I am sure many of you have seen the movie Tron, and more of you have seen the Amok Toys banner that is one of Sir Steve’s sponsors. A good site I am sure, but I have never actually bought anything from them. Anyway, the 20th of Tron is this year, and they are having collector edition toys. I have only been able to find these at Suncost in the mall. Amok said they have an exclusive Red Light Cycle that is only available through them in a limited number of 1500. However, I found one this weekend at Suncost. From what I can tell they are the same, except mine is number 1089 out of 5000. Can anyone shed any light on this subject for me? I did email Amok and ask them, so I will see what kind of response I get from them.

Thanks everyone.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

We've seen several folks complain about this, me included. My local Suncoasts have over a dozen of these each store, some of them have numbers well over 2,000 out of 5,000. Clearly, there are shenanigans afoot, I cannot wait to see what Amok Time tells you about this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"Well err gee we didn't know... that's what we heard from the employee when getting the cases out of the shipment truck..."
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well if this is a "snafu" then I am sure Amok is pretty upset. I don't expect much of a reply from them, but I am glad that I am not the only one who found this. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who likes Tron Thanks for the imput guys, I will post any info I get from Amok, but don't hold your breath. :happy:

Somehow, I don't think Amok is sweating the problem, they are making mucho bank on these on ebay, it's a real shame.

Yeah, there are a few TRON fans on this board, I think Thrawn posted a Just Found thread about his experience with the re-released figures and the DVD.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't think that amok would sell thier things on ebay like that. Hell, I don't care it's good business. I do it too. I am glad Tron lives on. It may not be the epic saga Star Wars is, but is't still really cool! I still have gotten no word from Amok. They probally don't give a crap like you said. I guess I don't either I just would like to unfold the myster. I mean if I found a Toy Fair Vader at a Mall store people would be going nuts. It's kind of like the same thing, just on another level. Oh well, thanks for the info.

I ordered these from Amok about a month or so ago...believing the "exclusive" line from them. Then, about a week after I received them, I too saw these at Suncoast. I wasn't too mad about it - afterall, I got what I wanted - but I was a little frustrated that Amok would feed people the exclusive line just to get people to buy from them. Amok also sold them for about 5 bucks more than Suncoast, but, like I said, I was happy I at least got some more TRON toys.

Anybody pick up the TRON Kubricks? Talk about cool. Three lightcycles, a tank, a recognizer, and the first and only Yori figure! Pretty darn cool.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

Thumbs up TRON Rules

TRON is my 2nd favorite movie of all-time.

I pre-ordered all the TRON 20th anniversary toys since I'm not sure if there is a Suncoast within 50 miles of here.

My Red Cycle had a way high number 4577/5000 - so I knew right away something was up. Evern if they went from 3500-5000, still doesn't make sense to start up there.
    For my Star Wars TV List go here
    Viddy Well my Malcolm McDowell/Clockwork Orange Tribute site