Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bespin Luke

Bespin Luke

The next Sideshow figure is Bespin Luke. Man he's gonna be sweet. Nothing against prequel figures by all this OT stuff we got coming is a very good thing. Bring on Vader.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I bet he IS going to look great. Ugggh!

He's not on my list (such as Nute Gunray, Weequay, or Lando General, etc)

I'm more independent of a thinker in that I can see my principles through the haze of temptation (often, but not always), and I will try and resist buying this.

However, you KNOW it's going to be good!

In any case, money not spent is money saved, so there's always that.

Oh, hopefully a Bespin Luke brings us closer to something I DO really want very badly - the red gown Bespin LEIA.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

May get this depending on the accessories and depending what other figures are revealed on the horizon. (But I am sure I'll break down regardless.)
    Hopefully a standard accessory will be the tourniquet thingy like Hasbro's 3 3/4 figure. The extras will bring it from just a Military figure to a Star Wars figure. I would like to see the outfit sufficiently weathered too.

This is my favorite Luke. He has a military uniform, blaster, AND lightsaber. I am hoping for some other accessories as well. The Bespin back pack would be great. Him ending up as the 2-pack and coming with Yoda would have been sweet. I hope he has a couple of the crates and stuff he had on Dagobah. But then...that would make him more of a "Dagobah Luke", wouldn't it? The little shot of him holding his lightsaber makes the costume look great, though!

I have read a few complaints about this being the 3rd Luke with so few figures having been done overall. But I am still hoping for 2(3) more:

1) X-Wing Luke
    2) Hoth Luke
    3) Snowspeder Luke (could be done by the exclusive item in X-Wing Luke being the insulated flight suit)
    Then I will be satisfied with Lukes for a long time (not forever).
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Looks good so far, saber looks downright amazing in its 1:6th authenticity. Hopefully we get a better look at the head soon, thatís what makes or breaks any figure, especially one as iconic as Luke Bespin - THE action Luke for most fans. So far, that little preview looks promising.

But the costume has some issues at this stage: the pockets are way too high, the colorís not there yet, the beltís undersized, and the collar doesnít appear to be folded up. Also, I know the original costumeís jacket is a little high-waisted and the SSC 12? body is short in the torso, but I really hope this doesnít end up as short as Han Bespinís bolero-length jacket, that didnít look right.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Any thoughts on the exclusive?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Here's a pic...this is going to be awesome..can't wait to get Vader too!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luke2.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	15801  

The pics don't do it justice, in person the head sculpt works even better. The outfit still needs the pockets fixed and the collar issue addressed, but I was thrilled to priority preorder it at the show.

I have the 411 on the exclusive, fixing to post it in news later today but don't hold me to that, I've got a friggin' TON of notes to go through.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dang, I can't believe how long it took me to get that post ship-shape! Anyway, the news on Luke Bespin is $55 and the exclusive is the tourniquet device, which I think is a great choice because it's not REALLY essential to the character and it's barely in the film, but it's memorable.

Anyway, check out the rundown here: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1018