Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SSG SDCC coverage reactions

Once again team SirSteve is the place to be for the best coverage.

The photos are EXCELLENT...from Hasbro's latest offerings in multiple angles to the great Sideshow coverage highlighting every detail from the great sculpts to the fine tailoring...and all the other vendors too!

The photos here are ALWAYS the best! Thank you SirSteve...can't be there this time but your coverage is the next best thing!

Yeah... definitely!! Thanks for the pics!!

I do have to say that I am really unimpressed with the new Jango. His sleeves are rolled up and he has no armour for his forearms. To have the leg armour and helmet as well as the jetpack mean nothing unless the outfit is complete. Do they have inter changeable forearms? If so, then I'll reconsider!

Also unimpressive is the Droideka's 1/2 shield. It's so opaque that you can't really see the figure inside of it. Not so cool!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I like the AOTC wave even more now that we can see some of them without their stupid snap-on armor. The Destroyer Droid looks nice, though I'm not sold on the shield. The new Comic Packs look pretty cool (Luke and a lady as Imperial officers, two dudes as Stormtroopers, and a Commando with an SBD), as do the Battlepacks and vehicles. Have they shown the rest of the Mystery Set yet?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

As always Steve did a wonderful job with his crack on the spot team. Thanks again fellas.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I do have to say that I am really unimpressed with the new Jango. His sleeves are rolled up and he has no armour for his forearms. To have the leg armour and helmet as well as the jetpack mean nothing unless the outfit is complete. Do they have inter changeable forearms? If so, then I'll reconsider!
    If you notice on the sleeve, there are 2 little holes...I wonder if that's to "plug" the forearm armor in....
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

I saw that but wasn't counting on it. I mean, they nixed the guns from the Holo Leia a couple years ago, so if it's not part of the display piece, which it's not (they only show the leg armour and the jet pack), I'm not counting on it to be there!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Why do you want more snap-on armor? Even if it's complete it looks like junk. Also, as far as his sleeves, when he comes out he was rolling them up a little bit, so that's technically correct.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Is there a pic of this Jango figure without his poncho on anywhere?

'08 Wave 1

- Po Nudo, 2-1B, Octuparra Droid, brand new Kashyyyk Trooper, Commander Gree (NEW!) more figs in wave.

What's this fan choice wave for '08 about? More repacks, or all new figs? (I'm guessing repacks myself...)
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy