Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hasbro's Transformers: Armada

Not only am I a Star Wars fan, I also collect a lot of Transformers. Both lines just happen to be made by Hasbro these days.

Due to the smaller nature of the transformers fandom, pics of Hasbro's super-secret new line of toys under the name "Armada" were kept secret almost until nearly the time of this year's Toy Fair.

Well, pictures have finally leaked. You can see them here.

I know many of you have seen the leaked pictures of SW E2 action figures and have felt some displeasure at the action poses they are in.

Well, the same thing has happened here with these new Transformers. Robots that look clunkier and uglier than the previous years.

It just doesn't make much sense to me.

They look pretty cheap to me
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

My interest in Transformers wanes slightly, to be replaced by the new hyper-articulate Marvel figures like Spidey Classics and Marvel Legends.

I gotta admit, I'm not thrilled at all...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just saw the pics of these...things. Good gawd, talk about a huge step backwards!! I am so appalled by these hunks of junk that I want to do physical harm to the person(s) in charge of their design.

The RID line had waaaay better designs than any of these. Man, those Armada toys are ugly! I would rather collect Beast Machines than those (and I don't much like Beast Machines)! Even Optimus Prime got the ugly stick treatment! What a sad day for this Transformers fan.
    "A gift from god may sear unready
    fingers." --Octavia E. Butler

Star Wars Action Figure Reviews
    http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com

Heh. Kinda reminds me of the originals. The toys look nothing like what I've seen of the pictures for the cartoon.

The original Toys rocked! I for one refuse to collect any new transformer toys because they all look like Cr*p. And what is up with the new toys anyway. Grimlock is mysically a construction vehicle. Last time I checked he was a dinosaur. Everything IMO got way stupid after the original series ended. Hopefully we will see a return of the CLASSIC line with the new interest in Transformers, (ie. All the episodes coming out on DVD, the new comic book, plus all the oldschool clothing that has been released lately.)
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I never liked the futuristic vehicles... The toys really suck, but Im still looking forward to the new show and the Dreamwave comics.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

I don't collect transformers but I think these toys look awesome!

I wish they would hurry up and release Scourge.

Now I'm hearing late March/April and exclusively at TRU.

This will be my last Transformers purchase until I see some old school figures hit the market.